Re: [urlmanagerpro] Re: Using URLM Pro with Firefox and Opera

  • rebecca flowr
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
      Rebecca
      --
      "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.
      For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

      > From: bruce_kenneth_england <bkengland@...>
      > Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 01:51:11 -0000
      > To: <urlmanagerpro@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [urlmanagerpro] Re: Using URLM Pro with Firefox and Opera
      >
      > Hello:
      > I have 3.5b11, and have just started using Firefox 3.0.6. Previously,
      > I could add bookmarks by using the Add Bookmark... selection at the
      > top of any folder or subfolder within URL Manager. Now when I try
      > that, the bookmark isn't addd, and URL Manager displays, "There is no
      > open browser window" followed by, "There is no suitable selection to
      > bookmark: Probably no browser window is open or you did not select a
      > piece of text containing a URL." Firefox is selected under the
      > Preferences Internet tab for WWW.
      > What to do?
      > Thanks!
      > Bruce

    • bruce_kenneth_england
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
        Um, "Lol"? I don't see that name anywhere else except in your
        response, Rebecca. I did read the entire thread before I sent my
        message, and, unless I'm missing something, I don't see the solution
        I'm looking for.
        Please advise.
        Thanks!
        Bruce

        --- In urlmanagerpro@yahoogroups.com, rebecca flowr <sierraflowr@...>
        wrote:

        > Rebecca
      • K.-Benoit Evans
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
          Since I began to use URLM Pro 3.5b11 with OS X 10.5.6, this problem,
          which has plagued URLM for years seems to have been resolved for ME.
          Apparently, you still have the problem. I don't know what to tell you
          to look for to explain the difference between my experience and yours.

          Regards,

          Benoît Evans

          On 2009-03-01, at 18:06, bruce_kenneth_england wrote:

          > Um, "Lol"? I don't see that name anywhere else except in your
          > response, Rebecca. I did read the entire thread before I sent my
          > message, and, unless I'm missing something, I don't see the solution
          > I'm looking for.
          > Please advise.
          > Thanks!
          > Bruce
          >
          > --- In urlmanagerpro@yahoogroups.com, rebecca flowr <sierraflowr@...>
          > wrote:

          > > Rebecca

        • Rebecca
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
            well this is the post i'd mentioned. but there is a lot of info on the
            thread also. sorry to confuse you. and i'm on OSX 10.3.9 so i know I"M
            out of date anyway !!!
            Rebecca

            --- In urlmanagerpro@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Ladd <gladdla@...> wrote:

            > There is a workaround I've mentioned before - a bit kludgy but it works.
            >
            > Keep the current URLM document open on the desktop. I keep it small
            > but still able to scroll.
            > Click and hold on the small icon just to the left of the Firefox (or
            > Safari) window's URL, then drag it into the URLM document open on the
            > desktop.
            > Works every time. You can edit the URL name in the document.
            > Have not tried any other browsers.
            >
            > I guess that shows you how wedded I am to URLM!
            >

            > >The only way I've found to use URLM with Firefox is to "clear" Firefox
            > >before each use of URLM.
            > >
            > >What this means is that Firefox is good for only one URLM use. Want to
            > >use URLM again, you first must quit and restart Firefox.
            > >

            > >Dave

          • bruce_kenneth_england
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
              Right, Rebecca, I did get that kludge method to work, but it sure
              isn't close to as easy as using the Add bookmark... method at the
              folder level!
              Bye for now!
              Bruce

              --- In urlmanagerpro@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca" <sierraflowr@...> wrote:

              > well this is the post i'd mentioned. but there is a lot of info on the
              > thread also. sorry to confuse you. and i'm on OSX 10.3.9 so i know I"M
              > out of date anyway !!!
              > Rebecca
            • rebecca flowr
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
                I know I know ;::pout::: no, me more than others, probably can't get
                anything else to work due to my OS. Plus I use Flock and Camino a lot. So,
                yes I get really frustrated.
                Rebecca
                --
                If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more.  If you look
                at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough.

                Oprah Winfrey