Re: [Urdu Computing] inpage to unicode

  • Alam
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
      Yes, you are right I should have given the link from the files section.

      I will try Shariq's as well, rarely I need a converter as I am not using InPage anymore. I use MS Word 2007 with unicod fonts.

      Regards

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
        Dear Aijaz Sahab,
        The conversion shoulsd be as it is originally typed. If the data entry operator does not differenciate between choti Ye and Badi Ye, then we have to agree that the basic text is having typographical error. If necessary it can be corrected through spell check. But the convertor should give the text exactly how it is initially typed.
        Please correct me if I am wrong.

        Rahmat Yousufzai
        Project Consultant, ILMT (Urdu-Hindi)
        Dept. of Sanskrit Studies, UoH
        Former Professor & Head,
        Department of Urdu
        University of Hyderabad,
        Hyderabad-500046, INDIA

        I have tried and tested all converters, even commercial ones cannot render all the characters, even if they do, they do not correct the median "Bari Ye", as in Inpage, many people use this in words like "Mera". If scientific conversion is the aim, then of course that is acceptable, rather desirable, but if the aim is to get usable text, then Shariq's converter is best, as I gave the link. It is here itself (Refer my earlier mail).
        UUS is also available in our File section, why refer to this cumbersome temporary file hosting site?
        Aijaz
        --- In urdu_computing@ yahoogroups. com, Alam <alam212@... > wrote:

        > download from:
        > http://www.4shared. com/account/ file/25230047/ b18721d3/ uus15.html
        > �
        > It works
        > Regds

      • Aijaz Akhtar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
          Rahmat Bhai
          That was what I meant that if "scientific conversion is needed, then it is rather desirable, and if you need text that is ready for use, it can be corrected during conversion, so that no time is spent on that file further.
          Aijaz