1093Re: [Urdu Computing] irfan-ul-quran.com is NOT the 1st.........

  • Syed Sami-uz-Zafar Naushahi
    May 18, 2006
      Dear baazauq

      Assalam o Alaikum

      You have pointed out a useful site www.qurancomplex.com with Urdu translation and Tafsir. But I have doubts whether your suggested site is truly in Unicode.

      I am saying this after observing a few things. I copy-pasted some of its material in MS Word, it was not reacting according to expectations. e.g. I was not able to search any Urdu word using Urdu keyboard. Then I copy-pasted the translation of same Sura in the same Word document from irfan-ul-quran. I searched for the words common in both the translations but Word could find the words only in irfan-ul-quran translation and not in qurancomplex translation.

      Then I viewed the source files of their html pages and here is how they are set:

      irfan-ul-quran:
       http-equiv='Content-Language' content='ur'>

      quran complex:

      The two sites also differ in the way Urdu text is written in their source files:

      irfan-ul-quran:

      سب تعریفیں اللہ ہی کے لئے ہیں جو تمام جہانوں کی پرورش فرمانے والا ہے

      quran complex:

      & #65203;&#65262;&#65197;&#65162; &#65235;&#65166;& #65175;&#65188;
      So I believe that qurancomplex's Urdu translation is also a great step in the progress of Urdu (especially considering the fact that their own language is not Urdu). But it doesn't seem to be truly in Unicode. So shouldn't we give credit to our Pakistani brothers (of irfan-ul-quran team) to launch the truly first Unicode Urdu translation of Quran? What are the comments of other group members on this matter?

      Salam

      Sami

      On 5/16/06, baazauq <baazauq@...> wrote:
      Salam All!
      I must inform u all that, this is not true that "www.irfan-ul-
      quran.com" is the first unicode urdu translation of Quran.

      The first unicode URDU translation is from www.qurancomplex.com, an
      official Quran website of Saudi Arabia.

      The unicode urdu translation has been placed on this site some 2
      years back.
      It contains not only "tarjuma" but including "tafseer" also. and all
      in urdu-unicode, alhamdulilla.

      wassalam,
      BaaZauq

      --- In urdu_computing@yahoogroups.com, Sayyid Salman Rizavi
      <salmanrizavi@...> wrote:

      > Dear Urdu lovers
      >   here is a link for the first unicode urdu translation of quran
      online. It is really nice and designed very well. I was happy to see
      it and want you also to share it.
      >   http://www.irfan-ul-quran.com/quran/?thm=thm6&lang=ur&tid=2
      >
      >   Sayyid Salman Rizavi
      >   University of Paris (Sorbonne)

      > Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using
      Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

      Home is just a click away. Make Yahoo! your home page now.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/Z6xolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic