1091irfan-ul-quran -- responding to a mis-conception...

  • baazauq
    May 16 10:49 PM

      --- In urdu_computing@yahoogroups.com, Sayyid Salman Rizavi <salmanrizavi@...> wrote:
      > Dear
      > Yes you may be right. Since it is written on the site of irfan-ul-quran that it is the first one in urdu unicode so i reported the same in good faith so that every one can benefit.

      I respond only to rectify this "mis-conception"... as I have been attached to the people of qurancomplex.com who worked sincerely behind the urdu translation.

      > However i visited the site you wrote but feel sorry to say that there are lots and lots of errors in the urdu writing. (for example in the use of urdu alphabet 'hay') also we need to install active X controls wich some people do not desire.

      ofcourse there are technical and grammatical errors. for technical issue, it is the order of qurancomplex authorities... as normally it is not possible to just copy/paste the unicode matter. They have used their own encoding to protect their copyrights. Also, to apply their own encoding... some dialectical errors occured which u have also noticed.

      > On the other hand i have found the irafan ul quran with correct urdu and easy to view.

      >.....................................  Khuda Hafiz
      > Salman

      I agreed with u.

      I am also trying to convert the qurancomplex unicode matter into normal unicode. I'm waiting for the complex authorities permission.

      > baazauq baazauq@... wrote:
      > Salam All!
      > I must inform u all that, this is not true that "www.irfan-ul-
      > quran.com" is the first unicode urdu translation of Quran.
      >
      > The first unicode URDU translation is from www.qurancomplex.com, an
      > official Quran website of Saudi Arabia.
      >
      > The unicode urdu translation has been placed on this site some 2
      > years back.
      > It contains not only "tarjuma" but including "tafseer" also. and all
      > in urdu-unicode, alhamdulilla.
      >
      > wassalam,
      > BaaZauq
      >

      > --- In urdu_computing@yahoogroups.com, Sayyid Salman Rizavi
      > salmanrizavi@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Urdu lovers
      > > here is a link for the first unicode urdu translation of quran
      > online. It is really nice and designed very well. I was happy to see
      > it and want you also to share it.
      > > http://www.irfan-ul-quran.com/quran/?thm=thm6&lang=ur&tid=2
      > >
      > > Sayyid Salman Rizavi
      > > University of Paris (Sorbonne)

      > > Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using
      > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

      > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic