1086Re: [Urdu Computing] irfan-ul-quran.com is NOT the 1st.........

  • Sayyid Salman Rizavi
    May 16 6:48 AM
      Dear
      Yes you may be right. Since it is written on the site of irfan-ul-quran that it is the first one in urdu unicode so i reported the same in good faith so that every one can benefit. However i visited the site you wrote but feel sorry to say that there are lots and lots of errors in the urdu writing. (for example in the use of urdu alphabet 'hay') also we need to install active X controls wich some people do not desire. On the other hand i have found the irafan ul quran with correct urdu and easy to view. However i am again happy that there are two sites wit urdu unicode quran that we can consult. I hope in future they improve and we see the use of urdu expanding on the web.
      thank you and if you know other such sites please inform us.
      Khuda Hafiz
      Salman

      baazauq <baazauq@...> wrote:
      Salam All!
      I must inform u all that, this is not true that "www.irfan-ul-
      quran.com" is the first unicode urdu translation of Quran.

      The first unicode URDU translation is from www.qurancomplex.com, an
      official Quran website of Saudi Arabia.

      The unicode urdu translation has been placed on this site some 2
      years back.
      It contains not only "tarjuma" but including "tafseer" also. and all
      in urdu-unicode, alhamdulilla.

      wassalam,
      BaaZauq

      --- In urdu_computing@yahoogroups.com, Sayyid Salman Rizavi
      <salmanrizavi@...> wrote:

      > Dear Urdu lovers
      >   here is a link for the first unicode urdu translation of quran
      online. It is really nice and designed very well. I was happy to see
      it and want you also to share it.
      >   http://www.irfan-ul-quran.com/quran/?thm=thm6&lang=ur&tid=2
      >
      >   Sayyid Salman Rizavi
      >   University of Paris (Sorbonne)

      > Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using
      Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.