CHEAPO SOLUTIONS - Wig Caps

  • vitarichardsfan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2011
      If you do not want to fork out $5 to $9 on a wig cap, the Goodreau website suggests try cutting the end off a balloon and using that.

      I made a discovery completely by accident earlier today:

      Though I won't get into the details, I wound up with a clear elastic hair band around my "Expressions" bald head, just beyond the rim of the faceplate. I looked at it for a moment and then, instictively, stuck a Moxie Teen wig on her head - the wig DID NOT slip off. It may not be as good as a wig cap or end of a balloon, but it looks better (meaning you can't see it at all) and it keeps the wig in place with "gentle play".

      Think of this elastic band as a speed bump for your wig...

      Okay, don't... It's 2:30 in the morning here and I'm nodding off.

      HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2011
        My personal favorite is moleskin. You buy it in the foot care section and I cut it into small strips and place it on the back of the head and usually a strip across the very back of the faceplate, just at the line where it will attach to the back of the head. The moleskin is already sticky on the back so it adheres perfectly.

        If you like the rubber bands ... my favorite ones are the wide ones that come on bunches of broccoli.
      • vitarichardsfan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2011
          I can't find just regular moleskin in any of the stores around here. I can only find the real thick padded moleskin - "for extra relief".
          I guess I can shave it down and see how that works. But the clear band seems to be working fine.

          If I had a balloon, I'd try that... But I don't like balloons... They squeak... And they have static cling... And they pop when you least expect it... They scare me.

          Yay! That reminds me: Elvira's Movie Macabre's on tonight!