FDQ...

  • MaryC
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 22, 2013
      Are there store outlets that you are aware of that carry this magazine?  I'd like to get the current one, but, not necessarily a 'subscription'.  I see there's a Vita pattern in it!  That's what I'm after..... I didn't see anything at their website to indicate where one can get it 'locally'....
      MaryC
    • terrkat1
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 22, 2013

        Barnes and Noble used to carry them here but not for awhile.   I don't know if that is all of them or just this one near me.   Some doll dealers used to have some for sale.

        Terry

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 22, 2013
          I'll 'let my fingers do the walking' tomorrow and call the local bookstores to see if they have it, then.... I always run the 'risk' of finding something *else* whenever I go in the store for something.... I'd like that pattern, tho... :-)
          MaryC

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                hmm... I *tried* finding the digital one, last night for sale, online...but, couldn't find it.  I figured that'd be good enough for me - I just wanna print off the pattern/instructions - don't really need the rest... maybe I'll go check the site, again.
                MaryC

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                  well, I still didn't find it - I wrote them to see if they'll help me get it digitally... can't cross my fingers - I'm working on a halloween costume for g'daughters AG dolly - wanna get it done before she gets here at 3:30 on the bus.  :-)
                  MaryC
                • MaryC
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                    OHMYGOSH!
                    Can you believe they replied with a direct link for the digital version almost *immediately*!!!!??
                    I already have the pattern printed....
                    NOW, I wish I was DONE with that AG costume so I could go on a 'fabrics hunt' with one of my Vita girls!
                    MaryC

                  • MaryC
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                      oh, and BTW - I told them that IF they keep including Vita patterns, I might have to subscribe!  :-)
                      MaryC

                    • barbara huss
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                        I think some Barnes & Noble carry them. Depends if there's any demand for them, I guess. Its a great issue. My neighbor has mine - he's going to build me a wall like the one in the Horsman ad with Moonlught. A dynamite costume, by the way. I have a costume & body on order from Sharon. Last I heard it will be available in late November or early December. He's also going to build one of those tables. If it turns out well, would anyone else like one of the walls?
                        PLMK.
                        I'm barb in il on some of the boards. My main focus is Gene - I'm getting Vita replacement bodies for the costumes I ordered this year so Gene can wear them better. They're a touch big for Gene. The only one from last year that really didn't fit OK was Portrait. Will have to get a body for her eventually. Little things like the mortgage & other bills stand in the way of me having a really huge doll collection.
                        barb

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                          MaryC, Barnes and Noble has them.  Just ran to Winston-Salem a bought a copy.  I used to always get mine at The Doll Market because I worked there;) but they've changed owners and pretty much fallen appart.  However, if you have a handy doll store they often carry it.
                          Just glanced at Leneda's patter and it looks super.  I think I've sewed patterns by Leneda before, but I can't be sure.  :-/  Looking forward to this one!

                          Marilyn
                        • MaryC
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013
                            Well, we have no doll store in town.... or close, that I *know of*, anyway.... I saved myself some hassle by getting it online.  :-)
                            I managed to get the costume done for my g'daughters AG dolly, so, when we find some fabrics we like, I'll be trying out the pattern... I don't recall the name of Leneda - so, I'm pretty sure I've never used any of her patterns before.  Let me know if you try it!
                            MaryC

                          • julidc1
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 23, 2013

                              MaryC, I happy to hear you were able to get the pattern printed out!  I hope you'll share photos of your finished outfit!  Leneda is someone I know through attending Gene Cons, but I've never used one of her patterns before either, so it'll be a new experience for me as well if I take it on. ;)

                              Meanwhile...Hi Barb in IL!  Don't we know eachother from the old AD Gene Forum and/or Vicky's Board?  Anyway, nice to "see: you here!  I still only have my Vita Valentine, who'll be getting a replacement body soon I hope...but I've kept busy getting some nice Horsman furniture and accessories for her and her best friend Zita Charles to enjoy. ;)

                              Hugs, Juli DC :)