110 Urban Legends!

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 22, 2013
      How cool is that?  Vita is getting more and more popular ... just as she should.
      I absolutely love having each and every one of you in the group.  For those who chat and share, thanks!  For those who just look and read, we appreciate you too.

      I'd love to know about everyone.  If anybody gets the urge, how about sharing a bit about yourself and your doll collecting with the rest of the Urban Legends?  =D>
      Marilyn
    • MaryC
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 22, 2013
        Well, as 'intro' to the newer members, I'm Mary Colgan - from Haslett, Michigan.  I bought my first Vita about a year and a half ago (?).... and, many, many more have followed her in the front door!  :-/     I have a rather large/varied doll collection - the Vita's were an 'unexpected pleasure' to find.   I haven't been sewing/playing with them as much *recently* - but, I still like having them.

        My 'other distractions' from the doll world is playing hammered dulcimer.  I'm out and playing 1-2 times a week with friends.... I also assist my 89 yo Mom whenever she needs it...she's still living independently, and I'd like to keep it that way as long as she *can*.... I also 'amuse' my 9yo g'daughter 1-2 times a week.  (She also likes the Vita's - so, there's a 'new generation' collector in the making!  LOL!!)   Luckily, I'm retired (for 3 years, now) - and loving 'having a life', finally!
        MaryC

        From: flamingomoon414 <flamingomoon414@...>
        How cool is that?  Vita is getting more and more popular ... just as she should.
        I absolutely love having each and every one of you in the group.  For those who chat and share, thanks!  For those who just look and read, we appreciate you too.

        I'd love to know about everyone.  If anybody gets the urge, how about sharing a bit about yourself and your doll collecting with the rest of the Urban Legends?  =D>

      • terrkat1
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 22, 2013

          Hi Mary C!!   I have missed you posting.    She can really play hammer dulcimer well, she sent a link to a video of her group.   They are wonderful!

          Terry

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 22, 2013
            :-)  thanks... I am *typically* MIA (off playing dulcimer) all summer... we have to make good use of the weather that permits us to play *outside*, together... We camp out with musical friends *most* of the summer!  :-)   Believe me - it's too COLD, here in Michigan to play outside anymore!  BURRRRR!
            I'm sure the girls will get some more attention now that we're back to our 'normal' busy schedule.  :-)
            MaryC

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2013
              It has been a quiet summer on the group.  I have been busy with other projects too.   I should be winding those up very soon.   I need to get back to some quality "play" time.   It is getting cold here too.   It is nice for now but it gets old, real fast, for me.

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 23, 2013
                We've missed you MaryC.  I"ve been moving after a long ... l.o.n.g. period of re-decorating and the dolls have taken a backseat to paint and wallpaper.  Poor Trixie has been sitting on a shelf wondering what she did to offend me!  LOL.
                She hasn't even gotten a new outfit made from that coat-dress pattern that I love .  Maybe one day soon!
                Weather is gorgeous here.  But I'm a fan of cool, so I'm just thrilled that the heat/humidity of summer is (hopefully) gone.

                Marilyn

                To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com