Re: [urbanvita] Items needed for the Horsman Boutique

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 123 KB
    In thinking back, I seem to remember seeing a cash register and can't remember where ... , but I'm betting that there is a key chain or a fridge magnet make to look like one somewhere.  *:-? thinking  Your raised platform is easy.  Just get a round box lid and paint it white ... or cover it with white paper and you've got it!  As for mannequins, you could always get one of the old Gene dress forms, or, if you can find it the Daisy and Willow mannequins were great.  I'll see if I can find a photo of mine to attach.   Ah, found one.  I haven't looked, but I'm betting they pop up on eBay now and then.
    Have fun with your new boutique!  Keep searching for those props and they'll show up sooner or later.

    Marilyn

    Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2013
      Try looking for Cash Register pencil sharpener on eBay or general Google search. That's how I found Madra's and Vita's typewriters and I've found antique phones that way too. BUT make sure the poster has measurements of the register; some are a smaller scale than others.

      ALSO, and this drove me crazy, I paid 3.25 for the sharpener and over 4 for s/h!!!
      Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2013
        Oh, good idea on the pencil sharpeners ... I forgot about those.   Yeah.  Shipping can get very ugly.

        Sent from my iPad