Re: Vita bodies with neck adaptor

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2013
      I think that a Gene head would look great on a Vita-Bod!  I have switched Alex and Gene heads so I am betting that Alex could adapt to the V-B as well.  And vita wears Alex clothes really well. :-? I'd like to try that.

      Marilyn
    • vitarichardsfan
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 4, 2013
        ... MY HEAD IS GOING TO POP OFF!

        Now, if I only had $75... But that's besides the point!

        I have a few yellowed (thanks AD & IT) Gene bods - INCLUDING MY BLACK WIDOW MADRA! - and this is wonderful news.

        I'm not worried about non-Vita fashions not fitting properly at the moment, but I was curious about RT's Antoinette fashions... Do those fit Vita? And how about the RT NYC Ballet Dancer/small bustline fashions fitting on Vita?

        Expiring mind wants to know...

        I'm so happy...

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
          From my point of view I'd say that the Antoinette fashions are probably going to be hit or miss depending on how much give they have,  her shoes work fine, but I don't have any of her fashions so I'm just guessing.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Sep 4, 2013, at 10:32 PM, "vitarichardsfan" <genemarshallfan@...> wrote:

          ... MY HEAD IS GOING TO POP OFF!

          Now, if I only had $75... But that's besides the point!

          I have a few yellowed (thanks AD & IT) Gene bods - INCLUDING MY BLACK WIDOW MADRA! - and this is wonderful news.

          I'm not worried about non-Vita fashions not fitting properly at the moment, but I was curious about RT's Antoinette fashions... Do those fit Vita? And how about the RT NYC Ballet Dancer/small bustline fashions fitting on Vita?

          Expiring mind wants to know...

          I'm so happy...

          > I think that a Gene head would look great on a Vita-Bod! I have
          > switched Alex and Gene heads so I am betting that Alex could adapt to
          > the V-B as well. And vita wears Alex clothes really well. [:-?] I'd
          > like to try that.
          > Marilyn

        • Patricia
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 5, 2013
            Due to sickness in the family, I have been unable to post, but I have been lurking....please tell me how to buy one of the bodies for my poor yellow Gene....Patricia b

            Sent from my iPad
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 6, 2013
              Patricia, I'm so sorry to know you've been unwell.  Sandra Stilwell is selling them for $75 on her convention website.  Just Google it to find them.
              Hope you and Gene will be good as new soon.

              Marilyn

              Sent from my iPad

              On Sep 6, 2013, at 2:39 AM, Patricia <odaatpat@...> wrote:

              Due to sickness in the family, I have been unable to post, but I have been lurking....please tell me how to buy one of the bodies for my poor yellow Gene....Patricia b

              Sent from my iPad

            • horsmandoll
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 6, 2013

                To those who plan to swap the modified Vita body to the Gene head please take note of the following posting in The Studio Commissary by Sharon M:

                “Just a quick note to those of you who, like me, are excited about mating the really poseable Vita body with a Gene head.

                Please make sure you warm the whole orifice - the hole in the Gene head where the neck goes - a bunch with a hair dryer before you try to insert the neck knob. The Gene hole is very deep and you have to have it warm all the way up there for the knob to properly seat, then you have to push the head all the way onto the neck of the body till you are sure it kind of snaps in there and a gentle pull will not dislodge it.

                Michael B and Michael Z have swapped a bunch of these without a single problem., so they can probably give you some advice as well.

                If you don't properly warm the neck, it is marginally possible to break off the adapter that is glued to the Vita neck that allows the Gene body to fit. If that happens, make sure you contact Ken at Horsman for help, but if you are working with a soft, warm, pliable neck orifice all the way up, you should be good to go. If you hear otherwise, the head was not properly heated or properly applied.

                Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help!”

                Regards,

                Kenneth Young

                Horsman Ltd.

                3 Park Plaza, Suite 1-118

                Glen Head, NY 11545-1837

                Tel: 516-504-0387   Fax: 516-684-9398

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 6, 2013
                  Hi, Patricia,
                  You can purchase the replacement body though Sandra Stillwell. Her email address is DLS6643@... and she has them exclusively thru September.
                  Enjoy!
                  Sharon Meyer
                  M&M TreasureNet
                  www.mmtreasurenet.com
                  Your Vita Dealer
                  Sharon
                • Patricia
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 6, 2013
                    Thanks for your help, Marilyn....actually, it was my husband who was ill...he had dementia for many years, and spent the last 8months of his life in a nursing home. He passed away last January at the age of 82. I am just now starting to revive my interest in my collection...the dolls got me through many difficult times. perhaps you could give me some further help...my son gave me this iPad, and I'mhaving difficulty figuring out how to send an email to a new address...any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Patricia b

                    Sent from my iPad
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 6, 2013
                      Pat, I sent you an email.  :-)

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 6, 2013
                        Sent from my iPad
                      • nikacossu
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 6, 2013
                          Marilyn when you switch Alex/gene do you need the neck adapter as well?

                        • kyoung@horsmanltd.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 6, 2013
                            Yes, you would need a Vita body with a special adaptor.

                            Regards,

                            Kenneth Young

                            An I-Phone e-mail

                            On Oct 6, 2013, at 2:21 PM, "nikacossu" <dfcossu@...> wrote:

                            Marilyn when you switch Alex/gene do you need the neck adapter as well?

                            > I think that a Gene head would look great on a Vita-Bod! I have
                            > switched Alex and Gene heads so I am betting that Alex could adapt to
                            > the V-B as well. And vita wears Alex clothes really well. [:-?] I'd
                            > like to try that.
                            > Marilyn

                          • barbara huss
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 6, 2013
                              Vita heads that fit Gene heads are available from Sandra Stillwell & Sharon Meyer.
                              If you need email addys, PLMK.
                              barb

                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 6, 2013
                                Bingo, Dom.  Straight from the horse's mouth (not that Ken resembles a horse)*=)) rolling on the floor
                                That's one of those new bodies that Sandra Stillwell was selling on her website.