Happy Birthday Vita!

  • LindaK
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 9, 2013
      Vita is dressing up to see Ken and Dorinda in Kansas City. Looking forward to a special Halloween celebration and seeing the latest that Horsman has to offer. Why do I like Vita? Well, she is so darn cute and has lovely outfits. Also, love that Ken and Dorinda are so involved and always right there to enable us LOL! er I meant help:) I have five Vita's now...Got my first at the Radio Day convention where we met Ken and Dorinda. Best time ever! Blue Valentine will always be my favorite. Bringing Hot Hot Hot to the convention this year. See you in Kansas City!
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 9, 2013
        Linda, I can't wait to hear all about the wonderful time you'll have in K.C.   I worked at a theatre there for several months and love that city!  You'll have a ball and so will "Hot, Hot, Hot"!

        Marilyn and Trixie
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 9, 2013
          I could not pass up this opportunity to join in the celebration! (Happy Birthday Gagee) I first saw Tosca Vita in a advertisement in a doll magazine and thought immediately that I would get one and do what I do to most all of my dolls, re-paint her face. I am kind of driven in that regard. She already had a sweet face, but I always look at a sculpt and start re-imagining it. It can't be helped. When I saw a post about a contest to join in a competition painting face plates on an Expressions Vita, it was the perfect excuse to get one and do it. I have not stopped yet. I am not going to try to report how many I have in my own collection, It does not matter. Collecting for myself is a little different than most, I find joy and contentment in creating. Maybe someday I will get them all together to take a photo but I am afraid I am going to need a wide angle or panoramic shot to get them all in. LOL!

          I am honored to be part of the design team for Vita. The Horsman group I work with are at the top of their game. I have the most fun with her.

          Terry
        • Jean Missor
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 10, 2013
            Well I have not had good luck with the Horsman items.  I received a broken table on Thursday but they were really good about replacing it, now when I took my Vita out to display on the lounge chair I bought; her leg snapped off at the knee.  I don't know if the material they are using is brittle or what but i'm not very happy.

            Problem is it was a gift from a dolly friend and not bought directly from horsman.com even though it was never removed from the box when I got her.

            Very sad right now.

            Jean Missor

          • Roger Kriegbaum
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 10, 2013

              Jean,

              I would contact Ken Young at Horsman directly. Sounds like you got a defective doll. He is very nice and will help you.

              Linda

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 11, 2013
                really unfortunate for you Jean, I bought my first vita doll (Lizbeth in the pictures here ) several years ago and as you can see She is still perfect. I neither had any problem with my other vita(Haldora in pictures as well) I do play/dress/photograph my dolls as I am more player than collector and I bought both basic doll (naked)
                maybe it was only a unfortunate factory mishap :( I hope everything will be fixed quickly for you

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 11, 2013
                  I know it must have been disappointing to get a gift and find it broken.

                  Vita is so easy to remove from her box, that I'm sure she couldn't break that way. When Integrity took over Gene, they were so hard to get out of the packaging that I nearly ripped off several arms and legs in the process.

                  Perhaps your friend could contact the dealer she purchased the doll from and get some help that way.

                  I'll ecco Dom (Lizbeth & Haldora's friend) and say that I think a knee break is just a bit of bad luck. My Vitae have been dropped, flopped, twisted and turned in terrible ways, and with only one "hip-pop" which I was able to pop back in!

                  I'm hoping that Ken and Dorina will decide to sell extra bodies when the new dolls with changeable hands come in because Trixie is going to want one of those! That might be a solution if all else fails.

                  Marilyn
                • Dorinda Balanecki
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 11, 2013

                    Hi Jean

                    We are VERY sorry to hear about your Vita’s broken knee. We stand behind all of our products and will be happy to replace or repair the leg. Ken will contact you directly to work out the details.

                    Dorinda Balanecki

                    Design Director

                    Horsman Ltd.

                    3 Park Plaza Suite 1-118

                    Glen Head, NY 11545

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 11, 2013
                        And that is another reason I love Horsman and the Vita dolls.  Nobody else has Dorinda and Ken!!! *:x lovestruck*:-)/:-) high five

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 12, 2013

                          Hello Jean:

                          I had sent you an email directly but have not received any confirmation from you so I assume my email might have gone to your spam folder. Anyway the following is the message:

                          We are sorry to hear that your Vita has a broken knee. Please let us know which leg has the broken knee. If you wish we can send you a replacement leg. It is very easy to replace and you can refer the YouTube video on how to do it. On the other hand you can return the doll to us and we will replace the leg for you. Please let us know.

                          Regards,

                          Kenneth Young

                          Horsman Ltd.

                          3 Park Plaza, Suite 1-118

                          Glen Head, NY 11545-1837

                          Tel: 516-504-0387   Fax: 516-684-9398

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 14, 2013
                            I am so happy to say that my Vita is getting a new leg.  The Horsman staff are awesome people and I feel really good about ordering more stuff from them. They DO stand behind their product.  Thank you all for the positive input you gave me. Can wait to have my Vita a whole dolly again. I'm planning on making the cute coat that was in the Dolls? magazine for her.

                            Jean Missor

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 14, 2013
                              I am so happy you have gotten your leg problem resolved!  They are great.

                              Terry

                              Sent from my Windows Phone

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
                                he!! I am so glad (if not very surprise) that you will be able to play with this vita girl of yours !! I would certainly place the vita/horsman team on top of the line for their services and gentleness!
                                go for the coat1 I have made 2 and will certainly make another. they are very well patterned and look so good on our girls.
                                Dolly cheers