RE: [urbanvita] Another Wigged Out

    Message 1 of 12 , May 18, 2013
      Thank you Christine and Sherlyn!   It was fun to play with it.

      Terry

      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
      From: cloff@...
      Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:21:18 -0500
      Subject: RE: [urbanvita] Another Wigged Out

      So cute! :)

      Christine

      Christine Loff
      www.SewFashionDollClothes.com
      www.TheBlackIbis.com

      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
      From: terrkat@...
      Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 21:56:16 -0500
      Subject: [urbanvita] Another Wigged Out

      OK, I am sick, however, I bought a nude My Valentine that came with the wig and I decided to see what would happen if I brushed this one out.   I had to run cold water over the wig and soften the hair "gel".  I then used a Barbie brush to separate the thicker curls, then I did some back brushing to fluff it up.  This is what I ended up with.   I love it!   Here is her photo.   Link in case it doesn't show up: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanvita/photos/album/225079712/pic/300622319/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
      My Valentine Brushout

      Message 2 of 12 , May 18, 2013
        Awwww, don't want them to fight ... why not just send one to live with me?  *:D big grin

        From: flamingomoon414@...
        Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 11:14:45 +0000
        Subject: [urbanvita] Re: Another Wigged Out

        Adorable!!  She really looks great.  But with that adorable face one just can't go wrong!  I do love what you've done with the wig!

      • Janis Bradbury
        Message 3 of 12 , May 18, 2013
          Love the new look Terry.  Maybe I will be more daring in the future.
          Janis

          On May 17, 2013, at 10:17 PM, Sherlyn Lovell <srlovell@...> wrote:

          She is very pretty.  I like this new look!
          Sherlyn

          OK, I am sick, however, I bought a nude My Valentine that came with the wig and I decided to see what would happen if I brushed this one out.   I had to run cold water over the wig and soften the hair "gel".  I then used a Barbie brush to separate the thicker curls, then I did some back brushing to fluff it up.  This is what I ended up with.   I love it!   Here is her photo.   Link in case it doesn't show up: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanvita/photos/album/225079712/pic/300622319/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
          My Valentine Brushout
          Terry

        • Jean Missor
          Message 4 of 12 , May 18, 2013
            I like it much better then the original way. I'm going to do that with mine too!

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 12 , May 18, 2013
              Thanks Janis and Jean!
              Jean- It was easy.   After I wet it with the cold water and soaked up the excess water with a paper towel, I pinned it to her head to keep it from moving around.   I don't care about a couple of small pin holes but if you are, try a wig cap.   After I brushed it out and back brushed it into the style I put her hair net loosely over the wig to keep it from drooping too much.   Then I just let it dry.   It did not need much additional primping and there was plenty of the original "product" left on her hair to hold it in place.   Have fun.

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 12 , May 19, 2013

                Beautiful!! Great job!