Re: [urbanvita] New Member

  • Jean Missor
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 23, 2013
      Hi Marilyn-

      I tried the files on my Mac and they are working. Not sure why the PC didn't work.  I'm having fun checking out everyones photos!

      On Apr 23, 2013, at 4:28 PM, Marilyn Kearns <flamingomoon414@...> wrote:

      Well.  That is odd.  Can you go to the photo albums?  I have no idea why you can't open the files.  I just tried them and they worked for me.  I wonder if you have some sort of firewall that blocks the downloads (of the files)?  I have no idea.  Sorry.*:(( crying
      Marilyn

      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 24, 2013
        Oh, good.  I'm on a Mac too, so I'd be no help at all with the P.C. problem!

        Welcome Jean! We love it when a new member jumps in and wants to play. Marilyn is correct about the wigs, I find that 4/5 works best, I have a few 5/6 that I have used but they slip around a bit. A silicon wig cap would probably help, I don't have one to check that.

        I have had very good luck getting "Tyler" sized shoes to fit. I have planned to show some photos of some of them but have not gotten around to doing it. I have tried some Antoinette and Ellowyne shoes but they are a little roomy. Vita does have her own shoes, they are perfect and there are some new ones coming I am going to have to have.

        Please feel free to share your photos when you start playing with Valentine. We love photos.

        Speaking of photos. There were two new photos added yesterday of Vita in a Dorothy outfit. Love it!

        Terry

        --- In mailto:urbanvita%40yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <catwalkcuties@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone-
        >
        > I just bought the Vita Valentine doll and cant wait to get her. She is really beautiful doll and will work perfect as my new muse.
        >
        > I dont buy many of the larger dolls for space reasons but I just had to have her.
        >
        > Does anyone know what size wig she would wear and can she wear Gene's clothing?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jeannie M

      • Jean Missor
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 29, 2013
          Hi all-

          I cannot get into the files again for some reason. I wanted to say I just received my Valentine Vita doll and she is so beautiful! and I love the pose ability she has. I also bought the dark bob wig, it won't stay on but she looks awesome in it. Can some one have a link to the clear caps that help hold the wig on or a tip to do it?

          I'm so excited!

          Thanks,

          Jeannie M.
        • Christine Loff
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 29, 2013
            Try "Facets by Marcia" - I like her wig caps a lot. I get Size 5 for Vita. ;)

            Christine

            Christine Loff
            www.SewFashionDollClothes.com
            www.TheBlackIbis.com

            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 30, 2013
              Jean, you can also use strips of moleskin to hold wigs in place.  That's what I use, though Marica's wig caps that Christine suggested work nicely as well.  If you want to get moleskin you can usually find it in the footcare section of any drug store.  I just cut several small strips and place them around the hairline or across the top of the head.  They have a sticky backing and also are easy to remove should you have a wig that fits tight.  4/5 wigs are the best on Vita.  5's are a bit large, but will work.  4's are entirely too small.

              So glad that you are happy with Valentine!  But then, how could you not be?  *:x lovestruck

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 30, 2013
                Thanks for the info on the wig cap and moleskin trick!
                I'm loving my Vita!