Re: Stain removal recipe!

  • Robert Constant
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
      also, Twin Pines makes a marvelous and SAFE cleaning product called Remove-Zit (and many others) developed by an industrial chemist who worked in vinyl and plastics.  here is their link www.twinpines.com

      Robert Constant
      323 243 1738
    • Robert Constant
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
        I did a little research and doll faceup people recommend using acrylic paints on hard plastic and Golden Fluid paints especially.  here is a link to these paints sold through Blick art supplies which have great prices.  You can also look at the extenders and such http://www.dickblick.com/products/golden-fluid-acrylics-1-oz/

        Robert Constant
        323 243 1738
      • LindaK
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
          Thank-you Robert. I will look into it.

          --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, Robert Constant <olivegrenade@...> wrote:

          > I did a little research and doll faceup people recommend using acrylic paints on hard plastic and Golden Fluid paints especially.  here is a link to these paints sold through Blick art supplies which have great prices.  You can also look at the extenders and such http://www.dickblick.com/products/golden-fluid-acrylics-1-oz/
          >
          > Robert Constant
          > 323 243 1738
          > http://rconstant.smugmug.com/

        • LindaK
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 28, 2013
            Dorinda,
            I got some hair peroxide from my hair dresser today. I have one question. What did you mean about putting it in a airtight container. I don't want to remove the head. Can I just mix the peroxide and Clearisol together and put the paste on the dyed spots? I take it a hair drier would not work for the heat...too drying, but maybe my high intensity lamp (light gets very warm)? I would cover the face. I doubt it would take long it's not to dark. I might try to remove the line in the forehead.
            Linda

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
              Hi Linda.   The lamp will probably work well, just don't get it too close.   You want warm, not hot.   A little saran wrap to cover the spots would serve the purpose I think.   You just want to keep the mixture moist as long a possible.   Just apply the mixture on the spots you want to remove.

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
              From: randlkriegbaum@...
              Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 03:30:33 +0000
              Subject: [urbanvita] Re: Stain removal recipe!

> [...]

              > Clearasil so it is a thin paste not runny. I use a tooth pick to pick up and
              > mix these together. Using a tooth pick ONLY apply this mixture to the area
              > that is stained. Place in sealed container and keep warm and moist. Reapply
              > as needed.
              >

              > With this method I have successfully removed ink pen marks from a VERY
              > valuable doll in less than 20 minutes. The older the stain the faster it
              > comes out.
              >

              > All of the above should NOT be used with any other stain removal products!!
              > Once you start a treatment you must stick with it. If you switch to another
              > product you can chemically burn the plastic! It will result in a brown burn
              > spot. SO PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUSION!
              >

              > I also want you to know that Horsman stands by our product and if you feel
              > you can't remove the stains we will replace the head.

            • Dorinda Balanecki
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013

                Hi Linda

                Yes Terry is correct. You can use some saran and LOSELY wrap the doll head and put a rubber band or tie something around the neck.

                Keep warm and moist : )

                Dorinda Balanecki

                Design Director

                Horsman Ltd.