RE: [urbanvita] Stain removal recipe!

  • Roger Kriegbaum
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 25, 2013

      Dorinda,

      Yes, just checked my other wigged Vita ( Blue Valentine) and she is stained too. Sigh! I guess it’s the dark wigs . I just ordered two wig caps from Facets. Too bad I did not do this sooner!

      Linda

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 25, 2013
        Wow!
        This is great to know for us all.

        Thanks

        Robert Constant
        323 243 1738
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 25, 2013
          You know, unless you plan to photograph her bald, I just wouldn't worry about it.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Mar 25, 2013, at 12:20 PM, "Roger Kriegbaum" <randlkriegbaum@...> wrote:

          Dorinda,

          I put the red Horsman wig on and it covers it. I am scared to wreck the Le Grant Noir doll. I would be afraid to pop her head off to send it for a replacement. I think I will just purchase a wig cap(silicone ) cover it and call it good. I did already try an eraser, and crème scour on it, so could not try the other method you suggested. I love this doll and regret not using a wig cap to protect it. Now I am concerned with Valentine. Better get some wig caps!

          Linda Kriegbaum

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 25, 2013
            Also, there are paints for resins/hard plastics.  You could air brush the dome of the head with a paint that matched.  It would take away the discoloration and in most cases be covered by a wig, as Marilyn says.

            Robert Constant
            323 243 1738
          • Roger Kriegbaum
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 25, 2013

              M,

              It’s ok…but hey I do love baldJ I am getting a wig cap and having her wear wigs…I always was a fuss budget. Goes back to one Christmas and my Beautiful Bride having her hair messed up.

              Linda

              Any suggestions as to how to get this stain off this doll's head Would be most appreciated. Thanks!

            • LindaK
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
                Robert,
                This sounds like something I could do. Where do you purchase these paints? Michaels? I have taken painting classed in college. So I know how to mix colors. I was mostly interested in touching up my Blue Valentine Vita, One of 10.
                Thanks for your idea.
                Linda

                --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, Robert Constant <olivegrenade@...> wrote:

                > Also, there are paints for resins/hard plastics.  You could air brush the dome of the head with a paint that matched.  It would take away the discoloration and in most cases be covered by a wig, as Marilyn says.
                >

                > Robert Constant
                > 323 243 1738
                > http://rconstant.smugmug.com/

              • Robert Constant
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
                  Hey Linda!
                  Michaels may well have them or (my favorite) Hobby Lobby.  But Dollspart or some of the other doll making/crafting outfits would be sure to have the proper paints.  Do you get FDQ or Dolls magazines?  They have ads for the doll supply companies.  If you don't have those mags I will send some links.  Dollspart website is www.dollspart.com

                  Robert Constant
                  323 243 1738
                • Robert Constant
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
                    also, Twin Pines makes a marvelous and SAFE cleaning product called Remove-Zit (and many others) developed by an industrial chemist who worked in vinyl and plastics.  here is their link www.twinpines.com

                    Robert Constant
                    323 243 1738
                  • Robert Constant
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
                      I did a little research and doll faceup people recommend using acrylic paints on hard plastic and Golden Fluid paints especially.  here is a link to these paints sold through Blick art supplies which have great prices.  You can also look at the extenders and such http://www.dickblick.com/products/golden-fluid-acrylics-1-oz/

                      Robert Constant
                      323 243 1738
                    • LindaK
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 26, 2013
                        Thank-you Robert. I will look into it.

                        --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, Robert Constant <olivegrenade@...> wrote:

                        > I did a little research and doll faceup people recommend using acrylic paints on hard plastic and Golden Fluid paints especially.  here is a link to these paints sold through Blick art supplies which have great prices.  You can also look at the extenders and such http://www.dickblick.com/products/golden-fluid-acrylics-1-oz/
                        >
                        > Robert Constant
                        > 323 243 1738
                        > http://rconstant.smugmug.com/

                      • LindaK
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 28, 2013
                          Dorinda,
                          I got some hair peroxide from my hair dresser today. I have one question. What did you mean about putting it in a airtight container. I don't want to remove the head. Can I just mix the peroxide and Clearisol together and put the paste on the dyed spots? I take it a hair drier would not work for the heat...too drying, but maybe my high intensity lamp (light gets very warm)? I would cover the face. I doubt it would take long it's not to dark. I might try to remove the line in the forehead.
                          Linda

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                            Hi Linda.   The lamp will probably work well, just don't get it too close.   You want warm, not hot.   A little saran wrap to cover the spots would serve the purpose I think.   You just want to keep the mixture moist as long a possible.   Just apply the mixture on the spots you want to remove.

                            Terry

                            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                            From: randlkriegbaum@...
                            Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 03:30:33 +0000
                            Subject: [urbanvita] Re: Stain removal recipe!

> [...]

                            > Clearasil so it is a thin paste not runny. I use a tooth pick to pick up and
                            > mix these together. Using a tooth pick ONLY apply this mixture to the area
                            > that is stained. Place in sealed container and keep warm and moist. Reapply
                            > as needed.
                            >

                            > With this method I have successfully removed ink pen marks from a VERY
                            > valuable doll in less than 20 minutes. The older the stain the faster it
                            > comes out.
                            >

                            > All of the above should NOT be used with any other stain removal products!!
                            > Once you start a treatment you must stick with it. If you switch to another
                            > product you can chemically burn the plastic! It will result in a brown burn
                            > spot. SO PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUSION!
                            >

                            > I also want you to know that Horsman stands by our product and if you feel
                            > you can't remove the stains we will replace the head.

                          • Dorinda Balanecki
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013

                              Hi Linda

                              Yes Terry is correct. You can use some saran and LOSELY wrap the doll head and put a rubber band or tie something around the neck.

                              Keep warm and moist : )

                              Dorinda Balanecki

                              Design Director

                              Horsman Ltd.