Re: How about TV?

  • olivegrenade
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 4:32 PM
      I have worked on a lot of TV shows but I only watch Family Guy, American Dad and Project Runway. Oh and RuPaul's Drag Race which seems perfect for Doll People who like to make outfits for their dolls.

      Robert Constant
      Dale Wibben Studio LLC
      rconstant.smugmug.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 7:41 PM
        Well, in TV land, I don't have cable so unless I get it from Netfix or buy it I don't watch it.   I don't regularly get to keep up with what is currently on but I like Big Bang Theory for comedy, I like to watch the new Sherlock Holmes but it took a while to get into it and I love to watch The Closer which I have had to buy to watch.   I loved Firefly which I bought and I will watch sci-fy on Netflix whenever I have the chance.   I enjoy Downton Abbey a lot.  So I am all over the place in what entertains me.   I used to love Frazier too and Cheers.   I liked "The Voice" and I have indulged in Dancing with the Stars but I can't regularly keep up with  them so I get bits and pieces of it.   I liked "Once Upon a Time" but have missed a lot of the newer ones and it seems to be getting weirder so for some reason I am losing some interest in it.   I just ordered "Game of Thrones", two seasons of it, so I will let you know on that one.  I loved X-files, I guess I was addicted to that.  I have more in my Netfix que than I will ever get around to watching.   I have to multi-task to watch what I do watch.

        BTW, I ordered the audio book for Memoirs of a Geisha at your recommendation of the book.

        Terry

        ps: How are you recharging you iPad on the dessert island and where is the wi-fi signal coming from?   Hmmm.  LOL!

        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
        From: flamingomoon414@...
        Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 00:28:43 +0000
        Subject: [urbanvita] How about TV?

        Well, I had fun with the 'reading' topic and found several things that are now on my "to read" list.  Whaddya say we move on to the small screen?
        TV .... what programs are you addicted to?  Old favorites?  Best TV shows ever?  "If I were on a desert island with my iPad I'd wanna watch ...."
        Now I don't have cable, but I can watch stuff on my computer or wait for the DVD so ...

        I am ADDICTED to "BREAKING BAD"  which I honestly think is one of the best TV shows ever.  I'm also addicted to "Dancing With The Stars", so there!  :))  I used to be a "Frasier" fangirl and still put it in that "best ever" category of mine along with "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and the original "Mickey Mouse Club" (... not because it was genius writing, but because it captured a generation.)  I would have sold my soul for Mouse Ears!!!

        Anyone have any favorites or "most hated" they want to share?

      • Janis Bradbury
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 9:15 PM
          I love RuPaul's Drag Race. It is amazing how the contestants make their outfits and do their make-up. It is very inspiring to see them stroll the catwalk in their creations. I agree about it being perfect for doll people.

          Janis

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2 3:40 AM
            Good question.  Maybe by the time I get stranded on the d.i. I'll have a "never-ending-battery" iPad!*=)) rolling on the floor
            How could I forget "Sherlock" ... mad for that show.  It does annoy me that a season is 3 shows!!!  I guess you can't get Benedict and Martin for longer than that as they are both so busy.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2 7:33 AM
              *:) happy

              Robert Constant
              323 243 1738
            • vitarichardsfan
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3 7:49 PM

                Since I don't have proper cable, my television is limited to networks and the odd channels.

                I loved "Sherlock",  but I haven't watched it in eons.  I also really like the Americanized "Elementary" and they had the first contact with Moriarty a few weeks back... YAY! Best Villian Ever! (I'm guessing they'll hold off on his first appearance for a while.)

                I also enjoy "The Good Wife", however it's getting "overpopulated" with too many supporting characters. I miss Mary Beth Peel.

                My favorites are a toss up between "Modern Family" and "The Big Bang Theory". Lily kills me and Sheldon's girlfriend Amy delivery is the best. Oh, yeah, I like the silliness of "Miranda".

                I buy the previous season's "South Park" every year and it still works... for the most part. "Bob's Burgers" is my current favorite "adult" cartoon.

                I enjoy "Downton Abby" quite a bit, but anything that deals directly with Mary bores be to tears. (Except for Mr. Pamook's demise... "Mary's Deadly Vajayjay" is a running gag in the family... Poor Mathew, I hope her next victim fares better.)

                I'm starting to like SNL again and the occassional "60 Minutes". I like "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" - Geoffrey Peterson is a riot.

                We have three "retro" channels that I watch a lot. "Maude", "Sanford and Son", "WKRP", "MTM", and "Barney Miller" are great and I've rediscoved "Night Gallery" (a big hit or miss show) and I have found the joys of a show completely new to me: "Burns and Allen".