Re: BOYCOTT RESIN! EMBRACE VINYL! tolerate plastic. :^D

  • vitarichardsfan
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 20, 2013

      I worry about Bijou on a daily basis... Well, not on a daily basis... Just when I hear of other resin dolls or collectibles shatter... I think: "I hope Flamoo has Bijou secured in bubble wrap in a metal box in a safe in a vault covered in bubble wrap somewhere."

      My mom has half a dozen resin roosters about her house and they're always losing a comb or a tailfeather.

      My heart just couldn't take a resin doll.  I had a hard enough time with Tonner necks splitting on me. Yeesh!

      The absolutely worse thing that has happened to me Vita-wise was that Dot arrived with -- for lack of a discription -- "unassembled?" "under-assembled?" arm... Got out the old Superglue and ta-da! A long winded email about the perils of doll collecting. (Dot's fine - She has a red motorcycle, lovin' it.)

      Bought Acetone tonight; wish me luck...

      Also put a bid on a Gene Marshall Convention trunk on eBay, I'm hoping someone will put a higher bid on it -- Really, what was I thinking? Someone "snipes" me, please! Wish me luck... or would that be "unluck"?

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 21, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 1.5 MB
      You mean the old trunk with the star on the front?  Well, as trunks go, they are nice.  I have the black one, I think the convention one was white, wasn't it?  Good luck, or bad luck .... whichever you choose! *%*-{ down on luck

      Bijou is just fine.  Poor girl lives in a basket covered with a cloth most of the time.  I do still think she is beautiful, I just don't play with her all that much.  So she is safe and thanks you for remembering her!  I put a photo of her here for you, but I have no idea if this will actually show because I'm doing it in email and not on the site.  We'll see.

      *:-* kiss M

      Message 3 of 11 , Feb 21, 2013

        Some merciful angel has outbid me for the trunk that I wanted until I forgot about the shipping charge that was equal to that of the trunk! Thank you, whoever you are who outbidded me!

        The trunk was the same light brown color of the Madra's Screen Test trunk, but it had a generic white lining with red printing and a Gene 1998 Hollywood Convention pasted on top.  The trunk wasn't a proper doll case, it was 10"x6"x6.5", but sturdy and big enough to store some dollwear. Same hardware as the Gene trunks, but no shelves, drawers, or dividers.  I figured $15.oo wasn't bad so I put a bid on it... Forgetting to figure in the $13.oo S/H!  That was even higher than the shipping charges for the Swan bed I purchased recently.

        It worked out... However I WAS hoping for a little more suspense and at the last moment an "eBay Sniper" would hit.  Now THAT would've been a bit of excitement in my humdrum little life. (I usually try my hand at being an "eBay Sniper" - that's how I wound up with a NMIB  My Valentine and the Gene Swan Bed and a few other items.)

        I'm glad to hear that Bijou is safe and sound, if in captivity. (Pic didn't come through on my end, though the header does say "1 New Photo".) SHOW HER OFF! Just do it CAREFULLY.;)

        TBC... maybe....

        Message 4 of 11 , Feb 21, 2013

          I'm glad you were saved from yourself.  *&[] giftAnd the snipee is probably overjoyed with the trunk.  Now you have more dolly $$ to spend on Horsman goodies!!

        • vitarichardsfan
          Message 5 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013

            ... And it' s already spent.... about three or four times over for UV.... (Daughter Who Sews, Affordable Designs, Monique Wigs, Michaels, Joanne's and Ross's...) Fun, fun, fun, fun.... Expressions Queen of Hearts (proper) emerging soon!

            ENJOY THE TRUNK!

            Message 6 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013

              We shop at the same boutiques!  LOL!   Bought a few items too from some of the same.   I cannot wait to see what you got.

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
              From: genemarshallfan@...
              Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 04:48:54 +0000