QUESTION: Nail Polish Removal...

  • vitarichardsfan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17 3:02 PM
      Hi everybody - quick question.

      How do I remove the nail polish paint from Urban Vita's fingers?

      I'm afraid to use real nail polish remover and I know the damage that acetone can cause on plastic, so I'm really looking for alternatives.

      Thanks for any help you can provide. And Happy Monday!

      --ray (aka VRF aka TF aka GMF)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18 3:40 AM
        Hey, Ray of the many aliases!
        I usually do use acetone (the trick is to clean off the residue right away), but if you'd rather not, I seem to remember a product called something like "Once Over" that is a brush-on gel remover that used to be sold at Wal-Mart.  I try to double check the name ... I'll bet Terry will have an answer for you.  I haven't removed any face paint in ages and don't remember the names of the products I used.  But I know I usually started with plain old acetone.

        :*
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18 6:02 AM
          Hi Ray.   I use acetone also.  Marilyn is right, the trick is to remove the residue right away in one or two swipes, avoid rubbing.   I use old white cotton tee shirts and I always move to a clean piece of fabric each swipe to avoid redepositing the previous removal.   Don't rub the vinyl, it will rough up the plastic.  Wash the vinyl when you are finished or wipe it with just plain water on a damp cloth.   If you plan to repaint the nails in a darker color than what was there you can just paint over the old color and not remove it, but use an acrylic varnish, glossy or matte on top of that to protect the new color.   Let the varnish dry completely before touching it or you will leave indentions in it.   I believe I heard that they took the "Once Over" product off of the market.   I never used it so I am not 100% sure of that rumor.   I don't know if the non-acetone nail polish removers work on acrylic paint, I have not tried them.

          Terry

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
          From: flamingomoon414@...
          Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:40:02 +0000