Re: Poll Results - Not Just A Boyfriend...

  • vitarichardsfan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2013
      I just found these response posts!#-o

      I thought a "boyfriend" doll could serve a duel purpose for Horsman.

      A boyfriend for Vita and friends and as an action figure (ie War Hero, Superhero, Firefighter, Gunslinger, Pirate, Spaceman, Robot, Vampire, Gangster, Policeman, Wizard, Warrior, etc.) for Comic collectors and ComicCon.

      If the male figure was in the "Expressions" configuration, plus interchangeable hands (and feet?) this could be very marketable. Built like a fitness model, but not steroid-out like Tonner's "Athletic-body" and better scaled to Vita. (Also, Matt Oneill's a dork.)

      Softer boyish face plates for Vita's boyfriend and more squared-jaw masculine faceplates for action figures.  (I think collectors would really appreciate the moveable eyes.)

      Highly articulated WWII figures are popular, but only come in 1:6 scale. I bought a couple of Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter scale figures and they are very poorly put together and clunky. It'd be nice to have a quality 1:4 scale figure with a lot of articulation.

      Just my two cents!:)

      --VRF aka GMF aka TF (aka Ray)

      --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, Janis Bradbury wrote:

      > Me too Jen. I love to have guys who can pose with the gals. I can't keep up with all the Tonner men but they can't pose like the Horsman dolls. Now that would be great!
      >
      > Janis
      >
      > On Jan 1, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Jennifer Perski wrote:
      >

      > > I missed this poll, to busy with the holiday season, however, I am BOY CRAZY. I love to sew for male dolls, and love variety, so I would be interested. I love the way vita feels in my hands so I would be very interested in how a boy doll would be. Just my input
      > >
      > > Jennifer Perski Perskihouse Creations http://www.perskihousecreations.com/

    • Jennifer Perski
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
        I always cringe when anyone calls matt  a dork, My husband is built exactly like matt, and tho he has a longer face and no such pronounced jawbones, he is not dorky to me at all.

        Jennifer Perski Perskihouse Creations http://www.perskihousecreations.com/

        I thought a "boyfriend" doll could serve a duel purpose for Horsman.

        A boyfriend for Vita and friends and as an action figure (ie War Hero, Superhero, Firefighter, Gunslinger, Pirate, Spaceman, Robot, Vampire, Gangster, Policeman, Wizard, Warrior, etc.) for Comic collectors and ComicCon.

        If the male figure was in the "Expressions" configuration, plus interchangeable hands (and feet?) this could be very marketable. Built like a fitness model, but not steroid-out like Tonner's "Athletic-body" and better scaled to Vita. (Also, Matt Oneill's a dork.)

        Softer boyish face plates for Vita's boyfriend and more squared-jaw masculine faceplates for action figures.  (I think collectors would really appreciate the moveable eyes.)

        Highly articulated WWII figures are popular, but only come in 1:6 scale. I bought a couple of Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter scale figures and they are very poorly put together and clunky. It'd be nice to have a quality 1:4 scale figure with a lot of articulation.

        Just my two cents!:)

        --VRF aka GMF aka TF (aka Ray)

        --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, Janis Bradbury wrote:

        > Me too Jen. I love to have guys who can pose with the gals. I can't keep up with all the Tonner men but they can't pose like the Horsman dolls. Now that would be great!
        >
        > Janis
        >
        > On Jan 1, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Jennifer Perski wrote:
        >

        > > I missed this poll, to busy with the holiday season, however, I am BOY CRAZY. I love to sew for male dolls, and love variety, so I would be interested. I love the way vita feels in my hands so I would be very interested in how a boy doll would be. Just my input
        > >
        > > Jennifer Perski Perskihouse Creations http://www.perskihousecreations.com/

      • Janis Bradbury
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
          I like Matt and have a few but I would love a guy who is as posable as Vita.  Has anyone noticed how much Carson Daily looks like Ken?

          Janis

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
            What era? (I only know Ken from pics of the original, the doll from the early 1970s, and my niece's from the early 1980s... None of those look like Carson Daily... Those look like a member of the Beach Boys, a cheesy Game Show Host, and a girl I knew in high school.)

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
              I should have said the early 60s Ken and if they had a brunette one. Carson's head is shaped
              Iike Ken's in my mind.
              Janis