Poll results for urbanvita

  • urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
      The following urbanvita poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Would you be interested in purchasing a Horsman "boyfriend" for your Vita and Zonti collection?

      (POLL ENDS DECEMBER 31, 2012)

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - YES! Oh, yes, I would! I would most definitely buy a Vita boyfriend!, 7 votes, 70.00%
      - Absolutely not! No way! Alex Fairchild has survived without a toy-boy, so can Vita!, 3 votes, 30.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanvita

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
        What?  Who would not want a handsome, flexible boy toy for their Vitae!

      • Jennifer Perski
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
          I missed this poll, to busy with the holiday season, however, I am BOY CRAZY. I love to sew for male dolls, and love variety, so I would be interested.  I love the way vita feels in my hands so I would be very interested in how a boy doll would be. Just my input

          Jennifer Perski Perskihouse Creations http://www.perskihousecreations.com/

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
            Yep!  Go, Jenn!

            Sent from my iPad

          • kyoung@horsmanltd.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013

              Happy New Year to All!

              We have seriously considered and continue to consider investing in a male friend for Vita but it is difficult to overcome the historic fact that sales of male dolls are very limited! It would be great if the market changes in 2013 and we have more Vita collectors who would collect multiple Vita's boy friends J

              Regards,

              Kenneth Young

              Horsman Ltd.

              3 Park Plaza, Suite 1-118

              Glen Head, NY 11545-1837

              Tel: 516-504-0387   Fax: 516-684-9398

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
                It's true that sometimes our wishes just don't jibe with the harsh reality of the world .. or our pocketbooks.  *:-(||&gt; give up
                I know that over the years we've all seen male dolls that we've thought we wanted come on the market and suddenly we don't want them anymore.  Seems that it is very hard to create a male doll that (a) looks MALE and effeminate.  I would say that the very nature of the fact of it being a doll might cause that, but I see action figures that look masculine.  And Tonner did a Daniel Craig/Lord Aseril doll that looks very masculine.  So it can be done.  But it is tricky to come up with a sculpt that is popular with collectors.  *:-&lt sigh  My favorite to date is Tonner's Prince Charming sculpt, and the above mentioned Lord Aseril (I don't remember if that is how you spell the name.) ... I'll just have to make do with those till Horsman gives Vita an "official" escort!
                *:x lovestruck

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
                  Kenneth, I really appreciate your reply, and the state of afairs. and yes, you are correct in the historical fact that boy dolls just do not sell as well. but I also appreciate that you do give us hope that maybe in the future we can look forward to a handsome dashing date for lovely and deserving vita!!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
                    Me too Jen.  I love to have guys who can pose with the gals.  I can't keep up with all the Tonner men but they can't pose like the Horsman dolls.  Now that would be great!

                    Janis