Room With No View

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2012
      OK, the Room with no view still has no view BUT, it does have a frame (you can't see) that will allow me to inter-change the foam board walls to ones that have different, "windows" or wallpaper or however I decide to decorate them.   I can take it apart and store it all flat.   I can even lay a different foam board floor over the "wood" floor.   I am too tired to decorate anything tonight but I feel like I accomplished something I have been wanting to do for a long time.   Here is a link is the the photo doesn't show up.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanvita/photos/album/2019074321/pic/1797422945/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=41&count=20&dir=asc

      Room With No View

      Time for CAKE!

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 23, 2012
        =D> applauseFantastic idea, Terry!  Your wood floor looks great and I can't wait to see the variations you'll be able to create.  What is your frame built of?
        Great idea to make it so interchangeable.  I have my plywood set, but it is permanent 3 walls, I can't collapse it.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2012
          I built the frame from various sized square wooden dowels.   The upright supports in the back are held by pegged ones and the bottom of the foam boards fit into 1/4 inch grooved (slots).   It is open enough that the walls can have "built-ins" that won't interfere with the frame if they stick out on the wrong side of the room.   I will try to take a picture of it with the walls removed but I have to clean up my mess first.  LOL!   I wanted to be able to photograph it and light it from more angles so it can be a two walled room if needed.

          Terry

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
          From: flamingomoon414@...
          Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 02:43:39 -0800
          Subject: Re: [urbanvita] Room With No View

          =D&gt; applauseFantastic idea, Terry!  Your wood floor looks great and I can't wait to see the variations you'll be able to create.  What is your frame built of?
          Great idea to make it so interchangeable.  I have my plywood set, but it is permanent 3 walls, I can't collapse it.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2012
            That is just a great idea. I am not really good at woodworking, so I am quite impressed! Sounds like it is going to be both versatile and fun!
          • Janis Bradbury
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 23, 2012
              Terry,
              Maybe you can sell bases? I would buy one, especially if it would break down to store when not in use.  Everyone could decorate the foam boards as they would like.

              Janis B.

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
              From: flamingomoon414@...
              Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 02:43:39 -0800