Re: Urban news!!

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
      OMG!!!   I may have just died and gone to heaven!!  This sounds absolutely amazing.  Maybe beyond amazing!  Thanks for telling us about this Dorinda!    And a big WELCOME to the group.  I'm so excited I may have to go take a rest!!!
      :D
      --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, <dorinda@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I am so thrilled to see all of you enjoying Vita. Please check out our web
      > site for some exciting news! www.urbanvits.com You may also want to keep an
      > eye in Vita's blog : )
      >
      > Horsman continues to lead the fashion doll world in innovation.
      >

      > 2010, Horsman is thrilled to introduce Vita - Expressions which enables
      > fashion doll collectors to be even more creative with Vita.
      >
      > Vita - Expressions have 4 expressive face plates available, 2 that have
      > removable eyes. The eyes are interchangeable and can be placed in many
      > directions giving Vita the expression one desires.
      >
      > The Vita - Expressions boxed doll comes with 2 face plates a pair of eyes,
      > wig, urban outfit and high fashion glitter sneakers. Other Expressions face
      > plates and eye colors are available separately. All the face plates are
      > customizable for more creative fun.
      >
      > Vita - Expressions - available early Spring.
      >

      > Check out the new line of Furniture for Vita!! These are HOT!!!!
      >
      > <http://www.urbanvita.com>
      >

      > Best Regards
      >
      > Dorinda Balanecki
      > Design Director Horsman Ltd
      >
      > www.horsmanltd.com <http://www.horsmanltd.com/>
      > www.urbanvita.com <http://www.urbanvita.com/>
      > www.rinidoll.com <http://www.rinidoll.com/>
      > <http://www.creepycurtains.com/> www.creepycurtains.com
      >

      > _____

    • valtoy
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
        Wow, I'm definately going to get one of the new expressions Vitas. I love my ball jointed dolls for the ability to change eyes, wigs and customize face plates, so this is a great idea for a vinyl doll.

        I have two Vitas, a basic redhead and Vita Edge from Angelic Dreamz. Both look very different so that's why I chose them. I enhanced my basic doll a bit with darker eye shadow and painted teeth on her mouth. I love the red hair, so that is staying as is, but I did boil perm it for some curl.

        Love Edge for her ability to wear wigs and don't plan on changing her face paint at all...it's perfect! Those copper boots are great too!
        Valerie
        http://home.att.net/~valtoy/Valsworld/valsworld.html

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
          I'm with you, valtoy! In all my years of doll collecting, I never expected anyone to take fashion dolls to this level. Honestly, I am ridiculously excited.

          --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "valtoy" <valtoy@...> wrote:

          > Wow, I'm definately going to get one of the new expressions Vitas. I love my ball jointed dolls for the ability to change eyes, wigs and customize face plates, so this is a great idea for a vinyl doll.

        • George T. Elliot
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
            Hi Dorinda,

            I tried to go to your website and check things out (many of the members here probably already had it bookmarked, but I had never been before) and the link was wrong.

            The correct one is:

            Just wanted to make sure no one gave up on trying to find it ...

            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
              Thank you for posting that Grg! I got so excited I forgot to do it!!

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
                OOPS!! I made a typo! Thanks for sending the correct link! www.urbanvita.com

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
                  First of all, I'm thrilled that Dorinda is here with us!! :)

                  And I'm very excited to read about the Vita Expressions dolls!
                  My big question is, when will we see pics? Soon I hope?!

                  Vince :)
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
                    Hi Vince!!

                    We will be posting pictures of the Expressions soon, most likely they will be first seen on the Vita blog.

                    I loved reading your posts it was as if you had been reading our minds!   ; )

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
                      ---- dorinda@... wrote:

                      I loved reading your posts it was as if you had been reading our minds! ;

                      Glad to know I'm thinking along the same wavelength. I bet you have all kinds of great things in store for Vita!

                      Vince :)
                    • dls6643
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
                        Yipee! Lots of exciting news in one day!

                        First...Dorinda joins our group (Great to see you here, Dorinda!) and secondly, this tantalizing news about all that's happening with Vita! SO much fun to look forward to!

                        Gotta admit I don't play with my dolls much, but Vita has drawn me in and called out to me to "play" like no doll has in a long time. Can't wait to try out the new face plates and eyes!

                        I'm still a "vintage" girl at heart, and Gene will always hold a special place there...and I love my Tonners, Clea Bella, Vivians, and Cissy but I feel a strong pull towards Vita.

                        Guess you could say I'm somewhat of an emotional collector...I have to like the people behind the doll before I invest my money and heart with them, and maybe this draw to Vita is due to the fact that Dorinda herself is such a fun gal!

                        It's great to see some friendly "faces" here and also some familiar names. I'm looking forward to loads of fun and getting to know everyone on this board! Happy to be here!

                        Looking forward to 2010!

                        Sandra

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 4, 2010
                          Awe Sandra you are SO sweet !

                          Thanks!

                          Yipee! Lots of exciting news in one day!

                          First...Dorinda joins our group (Great to see you here, Dorinda!) and secondly, this tantalizing news about all that's happening with Vita! SO much fun to look forward to!

                          Gotta admit I don't play with my dolls much, but Vita has drawn me in and called out to me to "play" like no doll has in a long time. Can't wait to try out the new face plates and eyes!

                          I'm still a "vintage" girl at heart, and Gene will always hold a special place there...and I love my Tonners, Clea Bella, Vivians, and Cissy but I feel a strong pull towards Vita.

                          Guess you could say I'm somewhat of an emotional collector... I have to like the people behind the doll before I invest my money and heart with them, and maybe this draw to Vita is due to the fact that Dorinda herself is such a fun gal!

                          It's great to see some friendly "faces" here and also some familiar names. I'm looking forward to loads of fun and getting to know everyone on this board! Happy to be here!

                          Looking forward to 2010!

                          Sandra

                          --- In urbanvita@yahoogrou ps.com, <dorinda@... > wrote:

                          > Hi all
                          >
                          > I am so
                          thrilled to see all of you enjoying Vita. Please check out our web
                          > site
                          for some exciting news! www.urbanvits. com You may also want to keep an
                          > eye in Vita's blog : )
                          >
                          > Horsman continues to lead the
                          fashion doll world in innovation.

                          2010, Horsman is thrilled to introduce Vita - Expressions which enables

                          fashion doll collectors to be even more creative with Vita.

                          Vita - Expressions have 4 expressive face plates available, 2 that have

                          removable eyes. The eyes are interchangeable and can be placed in many

                          directions giving Vita the expression one desires.

                          > The Vita -
                          Expressions boxed doll comes with 2 face plates a pair of eyes,
                          > wig,
                          urban outfit and high fashion glitter sneakers. Other Expressions face

                          plates and eye colors are available separately. All the face plates are

                          customizable for more creative fun.

                          > Vita - Expressions -
                          available early Spring.

                          href="http://www.urbanvita.com">http://www.urbanvit a.com>

                          > Best Regards
                          >
                          > Dorinda Balanecki
                          > Design
                          Director Horsman Ltd

                          href="http://www.horsmanltd.com/">http://www.horsmanl td.com/>

                          href="mailto:urbanvita%40yahoogroups.com">urbanvita@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:urbanvita@yahoogrou ps.com] On Behalf
                          > Of geneguy613
                          > Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 8:47
                          PM
                          > To:
                          href="mailto:urbanvita%40yahoogroups.com">urbanvita@yahoogrou ps.com

                          > I hope we
                          see a wigged Vita in 2010. I'd also like to see a Vita that has
                          > inset
                          eyes that can be changed, just like the resin BJDs.

                          > Vince
                          :)

                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 20 11:10 AM
                          I've been messing with my wig order and trying them on different dolls.  I think all 3 will be fun, but I do have a gripe.  Even though there was a 50% off sale ... Audrey's does not tell you the shipping cost till they mail you an invoice ... which usually arrives after the order does.  Ok.  Shipping for 3 doll wigs was $10.  WA-A-A-AT?  That seems outrageous to me.
                          Well anyway, here is a shot of the Shaine wig by Monique in "blondie".  It is a 4/5 and I'll show it on both Ysla and Vita.

                          Marilyn
                        • birdofpreylady
                          Message 13 of 19 , Nov 20 2:15 PM
                            Love that wig!

                            That shipping does seem a bit high....may rethink purchasing from her!

                            Can't wait to see the other wigs!

                            Anne

                            Message 14 of 19 , Nov 21 5:31 AM

                              I love the wig on both of them! Beautiful photo of Ysla. I cannot wait to see the rest of the wigs.

                              Terry

                              Message 15 of 19 , Nov 21 5:43 AM
                                Its very much a Farrah Facwett Tribute Wig, isn't it?  Got a very 80s vibe, but I love the 'blondie' color and there are not very many wigs that have it now.  Maybe in the future.

                                Message 16 of 19 , Nov 21 12:23 PM

                                  Now that you mention it, there is a Farrah thing going on. We should have an "Eighties" non challenge sometime. Not now but as an idea next year. Holidays are here and I will be hosting some family so busy cleaning now. Cooking Thursday. Still having to make a hundred trips to the grocery store for little things like "where did all the black pepper go?" I need to make a "spice" run. That statement sounds like I am living in the movie "Dune", LOL!

                                  Terry