RE: [urbanvita] Re: Vita in Gold Sensation

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 130 KB
    Well, it is still a mitt but at least they fit more snuggly than most of the newer gloves, not as loose and roomy.   I will try to attach a photo close-up of the hand.

    Terry

    To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
    From: creativegirlatheart@...
    Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:31:18 -0400
    Subject: Re: [urbanvita] Re: Vita in Gold Sensation

    OK - you got me curious.... how are these made, then?? if not a mitt?   Can you show a close-up of the gloved hand?
    MaryC

    On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM, TERRY BARNER <terrkat@...> wrote:
     She does look amazing in this and even the gloves fit which I was happy about.   They used to make nice gloves, and then they started making them look more like kitchen mitts.   Poor dolls all dressed up to take muffins out of the oven. LOL!

  • MaryC
    Message 2 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
      got it.... probably a 'stretchy' type of material would work best to make them 'snug'.... I guess I don't *have* any gloves for these dolls... I've crocheted 'fingerless' gloves as fancy things to wear for some other dolls, but, hadn't tried any at this size.   hmmmm.....  i wonder if I *can*?
      MaryC

      Message 3 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
        MaryC, they were always mitts.  I think what Terry meant was that in some of the fabrics the glove was slimmer or just fell better over the hand.  Collectors complained over the years that the glove/mitt was too hard to get on the doll's hands and I think they started making them bigger/easier to pull on.  The only doll I know who had gloves with stitched fingers was Cissy.  Most of the fashion dolls didn't have all the fingers separated, so gloves would have been a no-go.

        Message 4 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
          You know, Terry, I think it might have been also that some of the gloves were made of stretchier fabrics and those seem to fit a bit better.  I always wished the gloves could have looked more like gloves!:-? thinking

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

          Message 5 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
            You are right. They used stretchier fabric and made them fit tighter so they looked more like gloves. I cannot wait to see if MaryC can crochet some lace ones, those would be COOL!

            Terry

            Message 6 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
              I'd have to use sewing thread to have them look 'in scale', I'm thinking.... I have to "ponder" these new ideas a spell before I get brave enough to give it a 'go'.... I'll keep ya posted.... It's on 'the list' of things to do, tho....
              MaryC

              Message 7 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
                I will eagerly await seeing them.   Patiently, if I can remember what that means.

                Terry

                To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                Message 8 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
                  I made a mistake. (Yes it does happen). The outfit is called Striking Gold. Thank you, Barb Fields from HYLAG group for correcting me. Vita is still wearing it, she won't take it off yet.

                  Terry

                  --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, TERRY BARNER <terrkat@...> wrote:

                  > The name of the Gene outfit says it all. All of it fits including the gloves and the shoes, but the shoes do not stay on very well so I used different ones. Here is the link in case the photo hides.

                • MaryC
                  Message 9 of 15 , Sep 16, 2012
                    LOL!!  ...well, it *may* be a while... now that 'dulcimer season' is over, we're having to make up time lost, working on the house.... doing some painting and siding on the front of the house.... will try to beat Ol' Man Winter!  :-)
                    MaryC