New Member

  • LindaK
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012
      Hi! I just joined. Yesterday I returned from "Radio Days" convention, with "Sandra Stillwell presents". I purchased the table centerpiece "Blue Valentine" Vita,It is limited to 10 (Sandra has the first one), with nine centerpieces at the convention. Wow! this doll is so beautiful. I love that it is wigged and Horsman gave a wonderful overview of how Vita came to be.We met the President of Horsman and I was very impressed with how much they cared about their collecters. The furniture is great and I loved that it can be used in so many ways.
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012
        Oh!  I think that we are probably all tiny bit jealous !  And Sandra does such fantastic conventions.  I hope you'll share photos of Blue Valentine.  So glad that you've joined us.

        Marilyn&Trixie

        --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "LindaK" <randlkriegbaum@...> wrote:

        > Hi! I just joined. Yesterday I returned from "Radio Days" convention, with "Sandra Stillwell presents". I purchased the table centerpiece "Blue Valentine" Vita,It is limited to 10 (Sandra has the first one), with nine centerpieces at the convention. Wow! this doll is so beautiful. I love that it is wigged and Horsman gave a wonderful overview of how Vita came to be.We met the President of Horsman and I was very impressed with how much they cared about their collecters. The furniture is great and I loved that it can be used in so many ways.

      • Roger Kriegbaum
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012

          I will try to send a photo soon. I think she is lovely. I nearly fell off my chair when they called my number! I love that she is wigged. The FDQ has the red version on their most recent cover. “Blue Valentine” I my first Vita.

        • mdessert@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012
            Hi Linda, Welcome aboard! Don't you just love "Blue Valentine"? The original in red with a blonde wig is so like dear Melissa Windham. I am also getting the blue outfit with the dark wig. I can't wait to display them together. You are going to love Vita. Just like potatoe chips, you can't have just one! Mary in CT.

            --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "LindaK" <randlkriegbaum@...> wrote:

            > Hi! I just joined. Yesterday I returned from "Radio Days" convention, with "Sandra Stillwell presents". I purchased the table centerpiece "Blue Valentine" Vita,It is limited to 10 (Sandra has the first one), with nine centerpieces at the convention. Wow! this doll is so beautiful. I love that it is wigged and Horsman gave a wonderful overview of how Vita came to be.We met the President of Horsman and I was very impressed with how much they cared about their collecters. The furniture is great and I loved that it can be used in so many ways.

          • Robert Constant
            Message 5 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012
              I would love to see a photo!

              Robert Constant
              323 243 1738
            • Roger Kriegbaum
              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012

                Hi Mary!

                Yes, I saw the boxed version at the convention. I think it even came with the wig. I want to get a red wig, for mine, so I can change her to look like an entirely different doll. I love that she is so poseable. I was surprised she did not have her own stand. The President said he’d rather we used a Kiser stand and use the money for other things LOL.

                Linda

                Hi Linda, Welcome aboard! Don't you just love "Blue Valentine"? The original in red with a blonde wig is so like dear Melissa Windham. I am also getting the blue outfit with the dark wig. I can't wait to display them together. You are going to love Vita. Just like potatoe chips, you can't have just one! Mary in CT.

                --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "LindaK" <randlkriegbaum@...> wrote:

                > Hi! I just joined. Yesterday I returned from "Radio Days" convention, with "Sandra Stillwell presents". I purchased the table centerpiece "Blue Valentine" Vita,It is limited to 10 (Sandra has the first one), with nine centerpieces at the convention. Wow! this doll is so beautiful. I love that it is wigged and Horsman gave a wonderful overview of how Vita came to be.We met the President of Horsman and I was very impressed with how much they cared about their collecters. The furniture is great and I loved that it can be used in so many ways.

              • MaryC
                Message 7 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012
                  Welcome, Linda!  It's *so* fun to meet folks who are just discovering "our dolls"!    Your enthusiasm rekindles those same thoughts for all of us!  :-)
                  MaryC

                  Message 8 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012
                    Welcome Linda!   I am so glad that you have joined us!  I am so glad that you were able to get one of those very limited Blue versions of "My Valentine".   You will find very good company here.   Vita is our best and most addictive friend.   With her vintage line and some of the more trendy designs, you will have such a good time playing with her.   She loves the camera and we thoroughly encourage "sharing".   We have developed a vocabulary that is a little unique.   The word "cake" can mean cake, but most of the time, it can be interchanged with "cocktail".   So, I raise a slice of "cake", to welcome you!   Vita is the most fun and poseable doll.   Her measurements allow her to wear most everyone else's clothes including Gene, and she can pose until you run out of ideas and best of all, she will stand, in heels, without a stand.   I love her!

                    Terry

                    To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                    From: randlkriegbaum@...
                    Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000
                    Subject: [urbanvita] New Member

                    Message 9 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012

                      Thanks Terry!

                      I did not know she can stand without a stand. Wonderful! Yes, I love her face! Didn’t I hear you painted them? Beautiful!

                      Linda

                      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                      From: randlkriegbaum@...
                      Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                      Message 10 of 29 , Aug 13, 2012

                        Yes!   I did the face paint for the "My Valentine".   There will be more coming.   Vita is so well balanced that I frequently photograph her without needing a stand.   It takes a tiny bit of patience but you will not have much difficulty getting her to do whatever you want her to do.   If I intend to have her pose "long term" I will still use a sand, but for photo opp's, I prefer her to be as natural as possible.   You are going to love playing with her.   This is such a great group of addicts, er, collectors.   Again, welcome!   BTW, Loved the photos from the "Radio Days" convention.

                        Terry

                        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                        From: randlkriegbaum@...
                        Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:39:47 -0400

                        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                        From: randlkriegbaum@...
                        Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012

                          Linda,

                          Glad to see you here!

                          Terry is right, he painted the master piece My Valentine! She is STUNNINGLY beautiful.

                          I have heard so many times people think MV looks like Melissa…… I don’t see it…. But the Tosca Diva is a miniature Melissa right done to the hair color.

                          Perhaps it is because Terry made Vita look so “real” ?

                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                          From: randlkriegbaum@...
                          Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:39:47 -0400

                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                          From: randlkriegbaum@...
                          Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012

                            Hi Dorinda!

                            Hope you are feeling better. I got sick myself after too much licorice at the pajama party…you really shouldn’t eat too much of THAT!

                            Thank-you again for the stylus. I have already used it a couple of times, very handy for doll dressing.

                            I really enjoyed the Horsman presentation. I found it very interesting to see how the doll was created. I love that she stands alone and is so life like in posing.

                            I purchased the  blue quilted chair and hope to get other pieces later. I was thrilled to be one of the nine to purchase “My Blue Valentine” I was wondering if the box of Chocolates will be offered as a separate accessory package? I do have Gene’s, but Vita wants her own box. I have gone back to the latest issue of FDQ and reread the article on Vita. Very well done! Pat Henry did an awesome job with the photos, as did everyone who worked on them. Terry’s face painting is beautifully done and I think “My Blue Valentine” could not be more perfect. The black wig is so well done, I had not realized it was wigged, until I opened her up to play with her and there she was laying there bald…I had a bit of a shock there, I can tell you! Did not last long…before I ran for my wig box to check what wigs would fit her.

                            Thank-you again for the wonderful presentation that you gave during “Radio Days” . I was a Director for 23 years ( retired now three years) and I know what goes into a talk like that and it was absolutely perfect! I felt we were in China at the factory. The President of Horsman was so charming, you have a great boss there. I could sense it was more like a family than a company working relationship. I loved the birthday cake with the doll in the martini glass. My husband said he would rather have the martini in there LOL,I thought the cake was yummy. Well I better finish unpacking. The convention was awesome. I was so glad to have met you. Hope to see you again someday in my doll travels!

                            Linda Kriegbaum

                            Centerville, Ohio

                            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                            From: randlkriegbaum@...
                            Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:39:47 -0400

                            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                            From: randlkriegbaum@...
                            Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                            Message 13 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012

                              Terry,

                              I had to laugh about your comment about dolls being addicting…I’ve been an addict since age two, from the minute I remember I ever saw a doll…it was my sister’s, but not for long LOL, she was seven and a half, but quickly learned to hide her good dolls from me. I was very good about not harming them, but once I saw them I wanted them. LOL!!!! I was only going to buy one Gene ( Blue Goddess), back in those first years, that lasted two days….I now have over 350 Gene’s and her friends. It occurs to me that I am back there, with my one Vita (So far He He)! I am so glad you painted her. Lovely job! I also, would have loved one by Melissa, but I doubt that will happen. I only got to talk to her twice, at a party near Detroit where I met her, and the 2010 Gene Convention. I did not know her well, but, still felt her loss deeply when she passed on. I am sure she is still enjoying dolls where she is now.

                              Also, I look for your contributions in FDQ, keep up the great work! I love that magazine.

                              Linda

                              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                              From: randlkriegbaum@...
                              Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:39:47 -0400

                              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                              From: randlkriegbaum@...
                              Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                              Message 14 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012
                                I have been doing test shots with my Vitas and I have not needed a stand either, which is pretty amazing and wonderful since it means I can use more angles and a wider frame.  I just make sure the surface of my set is as level as possible.  She seems to be able to hold any pose and in heels!

                                Robert Constant
                                323 243 1738
                                Message 15 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012
                                  :> I have a pet-peeve about stands in photos, so I have been used to taking time to balance dolls.  Vita makes it so easy that I almost never have to scream, "Nooooo!" when I get ready to snap and one doll pitches over and takes all the rest along.

                                  --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, Robert Constant <olivegrenade@...> wrote:

                                  > I have been doing test shots with my Vitas and I have not needed a stand either, which is pretty amazing and wonderful since it means I can use more angles and a wider frame.  I just make sure the surface of my set is as level as possible.  She seems to be able to hold any pose and in heels!
                                  >
                                  > Robert Constant
                                  > 323 243 1738
                                  > http://rconstant.smugmug.com/

                                • Robert Constant
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012
                                    I don't like them either.  My doll photos have been mostly art and not life style shots, so this is new to me.  I am finding it very interesting!

                                    Robert Constant
                                    323 243 1738
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012
                                      Again let me say how happy you are now a member of club Vita!   In so many ways, Vita has rekindled the flame I burned for Gene, and still do.   The part that really won me over was her unique flexibility.   Blue Goddess was also one of our (Kathy and I) first Gene.   Honestly, the resin dolls scare me because I am a little rough, beheading and all, that the thought of dropping a resin one and breaking something is a real concern.   Working for Horsman has been terrific.   You are right to point out that the whole team is so much like family, they are genuine people.   You can still get "Tosca Diva" which is one that Melissa painted along with some others still available.   She has a terrific outfit that can be used as separates.   She also comes nude if you want to just let her play in some of your other outfits.   Vita can wear so many of the clothes that were made for other dolls including some of Gene's.   Check my Terrkat photo album, I have her dressed in two of the AD Gene outfits.   Her waist is a tiny larger so some of the tight waisted ones may not fit but if they have any stretch at all, you may have a winner.   I am afraid to count how many I now have of her and I just got one on Ebay, another red head, to celebrate Vita's birthday.   That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.   We have had some "challenges" here on the group to come up with themed outfits.   It has been a little more quite through the Summer but that will change soon.   Hopefully we can get a few more "active" members and even get some of the less active ones to join in the fun.   I will only give you this small warning now, and from now on, only enable, Vita is very demanding.   She will want to be played with, and dressed, and photographed and she will want "friends".

                                      Terry

                                      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                                      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: randlkriegbaum@...
                                      Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:39:47 -0400

                                      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: randlkriegbaum@...
                                      Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Aug 14, 2012

                                        Terry,

                                        Oh dear…what have I done?  It sounds like my obsession with Gene all over again! LOL. I was tooling the Horseman site and see how fast an item sells out. I looked for the fashion studio that was shown at the convention and there is no mention of it. I am thinking I was stupid not to order it then. I just came back from developing over 200 photos for my “Radio days” album. My goodness we did have fun! It all seems a blur now. It passed so quickly. Good to know about Tosca Diva, did you mean they were hand painted by her, or only designed? Are they individually painted? I wonder if Tonner clothing or Madame Alexander Alex clothing will work. Man this doll sounds like she could be very demanding. Like Agnes…(IT). I have gotten very strict with her…she stole all of  Silkstone Barbie’s clothing…Poor Barbie was mad! I have all my convention photos at HLAYG site if you want to peak. It’s under Razmatazgenedoll.

                                        Yeah, resin is not my favorite either. I have one Sybarite and about six DAE dolls, also about four Clea Bella dolls. They mostly hang out in boxes and on a chair. I am checking my wigs to see what fits. I have quite a few from my shopping for Advant Guard dolls.

                                        Linda

                                        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                                        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: randlkriegbaum@...
                                        Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:39:47 -0400

                                        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: randlkriegbaum@...
                                        Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:58:19 +0000

                                        Hi! I just joined. Yesterday I returned from "Radio Days" convention, with "Sandra Stillwell presents". I purchased the table centerpiece "Blue Valentine" Vita,It is limited to 10 (Sandra has the first one), with nine centerpieces at the convention. Wow! this doll is so beautiful. I love that it is wigged and Horsman gave a wonderful overview of how Vita came to be.We met the President of Horsman and I was very impressed with how much they cared about their collecters. The furniture is great and I loved that it can be used in so many ways.

                                      • Jean
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 22, 2013
                                          Hi everyone-

                                          I just bought the Vita Valentine doll and cant wait to get her. She is really beautiful doll and will work perfect as my new muse.

                                          I dont buy many of the larger dolls for space reasons but I just had to have her.

                                          Does anyone know what size wig she would wear and can she wear Gene's clothing?

                                          Thanks,

                                          Jeannie M
                                        • Sherlyn Lovell
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 23, 2013
                                            She either wears a size 5 or 6 depending on the wig style and who makes it.  Vita can wear many of Gene's clothes, but her body is just enough different that some of Gene's tighter fitting outfits don't fit her well.  The only way to know about specific outfits is just to try them on her and see  if you like how they look.   She also has her own line of clothes coming out that are just perfect for her.

                                            Many styles of Gene's shoes fit her, but not all do.  You can also purchase shoes specifically for her.  One thing that is particularly special about Vita is her pose-ability.  Her body is one of the most pose-able of the same size fashion dolls out there, and she holds a pose extremely well.   I think you will really enjoy her.

                                            Sherlyn

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 23, 2013
                                              Welcome Jean! We love it when a new member jumps in and wants to play. Marilyn is correct about the wigs, I find that 4/5 works best, I have a few 5/6 that I have used but they slip around a bit. A silicon wig cap would probably help, I don't have one to check that.

                                              I have had very good luck getting "Tyler" sized shoes to fit. I have planned to show some photos of some of them but have not gotten around to doing it. I have tried some Antoinette and Ellowyne shoes but they are a little roomy. Vita does have her own shoes, they are perfect and there are some new ones coming I am going to have to have.

                                              Please feel free to share your photos when you start playing with Valentine. We love photos.

                                              Speaking of photos. There were two new photos added yesterday of Vita in a Dorothy outfit. Love it!

                                              Terry

                                              --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <catwalkcuties@...> wrote:

                                              > Hi everyone-
                                              >
                                              > I just bought the Vita Valentine doll and cant wait to get her. She is really beautiful doll and will work perfect as my new muse.
                                              >
                                              > I dont buy many of the larger dolls for space reasons but I just had to have her.
                                              >
                                              > Does anyone know what size wig she would wear and can she wear Gene's clothing?
                                              >
                                              > Thanks,
                                              >
                                              > Jeannie M

                                            • Jean Missor
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 23, 2013
                                                I have another question and its a stupid one.  I cannot click on any of the files on the list to see the pictures.  Can you send me a direct link, the one I received after joining will only let me see the messages and attachments but I cannot click on any of the other list files.

                                                Thank you!

                                                Jeannie Missor / Catwalk Designs

                                                Sixth Scale Fashion

                                                People Fashion

                                                Art

                                                Doll website

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 23, 2013
                                                  Well.  That is odd.  Can you go to the photo albums?  I have no idea why you can't open the files.  I just tried them and they worked for me.  I wonder if you have some sort of firewall that blocks the downloads (of the files)?  I have no idea.  Sorry.*:(( crying
                                                  Marilyn

                                                  Welcome Jean! We love it when a new member jumps in and wants to play. Marilyn is correct about the wigs, I find that 4/5 works best, I have a few 5/6 that I have used but they slip around a bit. A silicon wig cap would probably help, I don't have one to check that.

                                                  I have had very good luck getting "Tyler" sized shoes to fit. I have planned to show some photos of some of them but have not gotten around to doing it. I have tried some Antoinette and Ellowyne shoes but they are a little roomy. Vita does have her own shoes, they are perfect and there are some new ones coming I am going to have to have.

                                                  Please feel free to share your photos when you start playing with Valentine. We love photos.

                                                  Speaking of photos. There were two new photos added yesterday of Vita in a Dorothy outfit. Love it!

                                                  Terry

                                                  --- In mailto:urbanvita%40yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <catwalkcuties@...> wrote:

                                                  > Hi everyone-
                                                  >
                                                  > I just bought the Vita Valentine doll and cant wait to get her. She is really beautiful doll and will work perfect as my new muse.
                                                  >
                                                  > I dont buy many of the larger dolls for space reasons but I just had to have her.
                                                  >
                                                  > Does anyone know what size wig she would wear and can she wear Gene's clothing?
                                                  >
                                                  > Thanks,
                                                  >
                                                  > Jeannie M

                                                • Jean Missor
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Apr 23, 2013
                                                    Hi Marilyn-

                                                    I tried the files on my Mac and they are working. Not sure why the PC didn't work.  I'm having fun checking out everyones photos!

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Apr 24, 2013
                                                      Oh, good.  I'm on a Mac too, so I'd be no help at all with the P.C. problem!

                                                      Welcome Jean! We love it when a new member jumps in and wants to play. Marilyn is correct about the wigs, I find that 4/5 works best, I have a few 5/6 that I have used but they slip around a bit. A silicon wig cap would probably help, I don't have one to check that.

                                                      I have had very good luck getting "Tyler" sized shoes to fit. I have planned to show some photos of some of them but have not gotten around to doing it. I have tried some Antoinette and Ellowyne shoes but they are a little roomy. Vita does have her own shoes, they are perfect and there are some new ones coming I am going to have to have.

                                                      Please feel free to share your photos when you start playing with Valentine. We love photos.

                                                      Speaking of photos. There were two new photos added yesterday of Vita in a Dorothy outfit. Love it!

                                                      Terry

                                                      --- In mailto:urbanvita%40yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <catwalkcuties@...> wrote:

                                                      > Hi everyone-
                                                      >
                                                      > I just bought the Vita Valentine doll and cant wait to get her. She is really beautiful doll and will work perfect as my new muse.
                                                      >
                                                      > I dont buy many of the larger dolls for space reasons but I just had to have her.
                                                      >
                                                      > Does anyone know what size wig she would wear and can she wear Gene's clothing?
                                                      >
                                                      > Thanks,
                                                      >
                                                      > Jeannie M

                                                    • Jean Missor
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Apr 29, 2013
                                                        Hi all-

                                                        I cannot get into the files again for some reason. I wanted to say I just received my Valentine Vita doll and she is so beautiful! and I love the pose ability she has. I also bought the dark bob wig, it won't stay on but she looks awesome in it. Can some one have a link to the clear caps that help hold the wig on or a tip to do it?

                                                        I'm so excited!

                                                        Thanks,

                                                        Jeannie M.
                                                      • Christine Loff
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Apr 29, 2013
                                                          Try "Facets by Marcia" - I like her wig caps a lot. I get Size 5 for Vita. ;)

                                                          Christine

                                                          Christine Loff
                                                          www.SewFashionDollClothes.com
                                                          www.TheBlackIbis.com

                                                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Apr 30, 2013
                                                            Jean, you can also use strips of moleskin to hold wigs in place.  That's what I use, though Marica's wig caps that Christine suggested work nicely as well.  If you want to get moleskin you can usually find it in the footcare section of any drug store.  I just cut several small strips and place them around the hairline or across the top of the head.  They have a sticky backing and also are easy to remove should you have a wig that fits tight.  4/5 wigs are the best on Vita.  5's are a bit large, but will work.  4's are entirely too small.

                                                            So glad that you are happy with Valentine!  But then, how could you not be?  *:x lovestruck

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Apr 30, 2013
                                                              Thanks for the info on the wig cap and moleskin trick!
                                                              I'm loving my Vita!