RE: [urbanvita] A new sewing machine! And what I did this summer [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2 8:29 AM

      Congratulations Marilyn!   I love new "tools"!   I can't wait to see what you come up with, you are extremely talented.

      Congratulations Pastor Margie!   Love the Aleut regalia!   You may end up being very busy.   I wonder if you can make it in a smaller size (Vita).   I would love to see that.   I am glad your heat wave is over.  So far, the temps here in Texas have been tolerable.   We have been blessed with some rain also, although, we are still behind along with many parts of the US.   I have not even attempted a garden.   I did, two years ago, try to grow tomatoes.   I figure, the amount of water, time and stress, made the few tomatoes I got cost about $20.00 a pound.   I am not a farmer.   Heart is not in it.

      Terry

      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
      From: margierobison@...
      Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 08:13:30 -0700
      Subject: Re: [urbanvita] A new sewing machine! And what I did this summer [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Margie Robison included below]
      Congratulations! What model did you get so I can live vicariously through your purchase. I have a basic Singer and I use it a lot. At least that one gets all the stitches used and I like the buttonholes it makes better than the Husqvarna.

      Our heat wave has finally been busted, we have had some good rains and the grass has greened up well. My garden is done for the year, I didn't water my flowers so they're all past being able to bloom anymore. The vegetable garden did get watered and the tomatoes are starting to ripen. They're sooo good.

      My poor dolls will get some attention at long last. The oldest kid's wedding is over and the sewing marathon leading up to it is over! I was working on my regalia all the way up to an hour before the service started. Luckily they were running late so I got to get it finished. The whole thing took place at their house so it really didn't matter about the delay. Both are Harley riders so the theme was Bikers and their bikes formed the backdrop for the alter that overlooked the lake across the street from their house.

      Jennifer and her fiance Nick asked me to officiate and wear my Aleut regalia for the ceremony. It was a blast to actually be able to marry someone! I highly recommend doing that at least once in life, one grand daughter, Jordan 19,has already asked me to do her wedding someday too.

      XOXO
      Pastor Margie

      Let's Play Dolls!

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2 8:32 AM

        So cool! I want to see pictures

      • bellliston@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2 8:37 AM
          Aren't the new ones great.  No more heavy lifting thats for sure.

          BeBe Bonnie

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2 2:56 PM
            Yeah, I could not believe how light it is.  Been busy all day and it is still sitting there.  I got it on Overstock and they had it on sale for $119 which I though was probably a good price and I got the last one (and they were having $1 shipping :-)/:-) high five).  It has something like 60 computerized stitches and maybe 7 different buttonholes and a 25 year warrenty.  That's all I know so far.  I'm going to have to look at the manuel and then give it a 'test drive'.  Its a Brother SC6600 --- whatever that means.
            I'll keep you posted. ~^o^~ cheer

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3 5:27 AM
              Congratulations!  I got a "used" Brother PC-3000 from a friend earlier this year - I took it to the local sewing repair shop for a "go over" and that cost me $100~   ...so, your price for a NEW one was great!  I haven't taken time to "play" with this one, yet - I was sorta hoping it'd be easy enough to use that I could have my g'daughter start using it for some of her sewing lessons....I just never got around to trying it, yet....  I've never used a Brother before - keep us posted on how you like yours - that might motivate me to get 'onto' mine!
              MaryC
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 19 9:05 AM
                I am giving an update on my new sewing machine :x I LOVE it!  What a difference sewing on this and sewing on my old, old one!  Things have improved in the last 40 years. :))  Who knows? I might just get to like this.  I'll have to wait till I get my computer back before I post the new dress.  It is the one I was working on when the old machine died.