Re: [urbanvita] Re: Check out Tres Chic Gothic

  • MaryC
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 52 KB
    I used a pattern by Kdys to make it.  I used candlewick thread.  I think most "yarns" are too large in scale to look good on dolls...  I have a "thing" for smonk stuff... ;-)     (and probably some folks don't "get" that either.  LOL!!)  I designed the hat myself.
    MaryC

    On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM, TERRY BARNER <terrkat@...> wrote:

    I am intrigued by the sock monkey vest.   That sounds like fun.   I try not to take myself too seriously anymore, so much more fun not to.
  • MaryC
    Message 2 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
      well, I should have looked at that picture better - it doesn't really 'show' well, does it?  Inline image 1
    • MaryC
      Message 3 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
        well, at least *someone* gets to enjoy it... even if it wasn't like first "intended".
        MaryC

        On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM, <bellliston@...> wrote:
         Isn't it funny sometimes you sew and sew for a certain doll and it is hideous . Put it on another and it is gorgeous
        Message 4 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
          Well that is just too funny and adorable.  Sock Monkeys have come a long way, haven't they?  =)) rolling on the floor

          Message 5 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
            thanks...  now the "Vita girls" think THEY need some "smonk attire".  sigh - there's just never an end to this.  LOL!!
            MaryC

          • bellliston@aol.com
            Message 6 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
              No wonder she doesn't want to give up.  I wouldn't either.  Really really cute

              BeBe Bonnie

              Message 7 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
                I LOVE that!   It is just odd enough to be extremely interesting.   You are right about the yarns, most are to thick to be in scale.   I very much like the outfits that you have made for Vita.   They are perfect!

                Terry

                To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                Message 8 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
                thanks!  ...it's the candlewick thread that's the trick... it's soft and flexible... just works up nicely for this scale doll.  Luckily, my obsession for finding candlewick thread in various colors has been successful...I have MORE than I can ever use up before I die.  It's a tad "tedious", in that, you have to seperate the 4 plys before you can USE it...but, I even have that "down to a science" now.  :-)
                MaryC
                (just getting home from dulcimering...it was quite a "tame" party tonite.... ruckus music, tho...it's amazing how much fun folks can have even without "cake"!  LOL!!)

                Message 9 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
                  Thanks!   :-)
                  MaryC

                  Message 10 of 23 , Jul 1, 2012
                    Great photos.   Did you manage to hide somewhere in these pictures too?

                    Terry

                    To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                    From: creativegirlatheart@...
                    Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 01:00:25 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [urbanvita] Re: Check out Tres Chic Gothic [3 Attachments]

                    [Attachment(s) from MaryC included below] thanks!  ...it's the candlewick thread that's the trick... it's soft and flexible... just works up nicely for this scale doll.  Luckily, my obsession for finding candlewick thread in various colors has been successful...I have MORE than I can ever use up before I die.  It's a tad "tedious", in that, you have to seperate the 4 plys before you can USE it...but, I even have that "down to a science" now.  :-)

                    Message 11 of 23 , Jul 1, 2012
                      well, I'm *behind* the camera - you can see the corner of my dulcimer, tho!  :-)
                      MaryC

                      Message 12 of 23 , Jul 1, 2012
                        Good place to hide. :-)

                        Terry

                        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 13 of 23 , Jul 2, 2012
                          #-o d'oh!Why don't I see the photo?  Or are we talking about the video still ... which I could see, but I find no photo of MaryC and her dulcimer!

                          Message 14 of 23 , Jul 2, 2012
                            I did them as attachments... you can see them from the homepage... :-)  remeber, I'm *behind* the camera lense!  LOL!!
                            MaryC
                            (not hammering today - I'm painting!  ...not pictures... cedar siding for the house.... I think I'll need a fan out there!...)

                            Message 15 of 23 , Jul 2, 2012
                              Usually the attachments show up at the bottom of posts ... I'll go back to the site and check.  I'm on email right now.
                              Yes, painting ... I know it well.  Good luck!!