Re: [urbanvita] Re: My gals are getting a treat!

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
      My, my.  You have been a busy girl.  Maybe the next project should be to look for a doll-size dulcimer and then the gang could join in.

      Hope you had fun.  I'm pretty sure you did! o|^_^|o music

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
        HA!  when I "escape" for dulcimer events, having to keep track of ONE more thing (a doll who wanted to play along) would just NOT HAPPEN!  LOL!!  I *think* I have my lists and supplies all "organized" now... the 3 weekends in a row were a good "prep" for our next event (almost 2 weeks long!).   http://dulcimers.com/

        We *always* have a blast at these acoustic events...  good food, good friends, good music.... what more could one ask for? (just 24/7??)   I *suppose* we DO have to sleep....sometime.  We tend to burn the midnight oils, playing, tho.   :-)
        MaryC
        (ps... I *have* doll sized *mountain dulcimers*, hamonicas, accordians, guitars, mandolins, flutes, harp, etc... just haven't ever found a *hammered dulcimer* in doll size.... yet...)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012

          Now I am a little bit jealous of the doll sized instruments.   I have two violins, one was a refrigerator magnet and one came with a Gene outfit.   You should have the girls sit and play a concert for us.   Those weekends sound like a whole lot of fun.

          Terry

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
            My music friends just *hate it*, that I'm so "guarded" with playing in "public" - they love to perform for each other - I just like playing with a *group* that I can "blend in with".  ;-)    Here's my first "public appearance" with a small group who were invited to perform some "non-traditional" music written by the guy that's the fiddler in the group.   I was happy to see that I really can't be *seen* well - I'm sitting in the back row just to the right of the bass fiddle (looking at the screen).  ;-)   *I* can hear me... but, I was really working on blending in so, I don't 'stick out' too much.... hammered dulcimers can be *loud*!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybA0yl_qE7M&feature=plcp (These were the most *complicated* songs i've learned yet.... we were SO relieved that we performed all 6 - there's 2 other videos - without a "hitch"!) whew!
            MaryC
            (I should drag out those small instruments one of these days...)

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012

              Thank you for sending the video!   I really enjoyed the music.   You right about you not being seen very well, all I can see is the top of your head.   You should have moved a couple of inches to your left and then you could have been seen or, that was your plan.   It sounded very good.   When do you get to play your solo?

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
                thanks!  I just sat myself where I was told - they had no idea where the camera would be positioned - I just "lucked out".  LOL!!   There are *no* solo performances in my future!  LOL!!
                MaryC

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
                  Well, bravo, MaryC! That was really fun and I know you must have enjoyed performing with the group. You are quite a musician!