World Doll Day - June 14

  • MaryC
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2012
      <<Established June 14, 1986 by Mildred Seeley; World Doll Day (to be the 2nd Saturday of June each year) was created to spread the universal message of happiness and love. The day is not owned by any company, club or person and no fees, permission or obligations are required.

      Many have celebrated the day by giving a doll to someone--a child or adult, but freedom of expression and celebration are left up to the individual.>>
      Hmmm.... maybe I should buy a doll to celebrate!  ;-)   but, then.... I think I hear 4 "voices" telling me - "Buy something nice for your dolls!"
      decisions, decisions.......
      MaryC
      Message 2 of 9 , May 31, 2012
        My gang is voting to have something new.  I think it might just be the Loft-View Backdrop!  ;;)  Have to go over to  www.horsmanltd.com and check stuff out.

        Wonder when National Marilyn Day is?  I believe it is coming up very soon --- and that is when everyone who knows someone named Marilyn sends them expensive gifts.  Just thought I'd mention that.
      • MaryC
        Message 3 of 9 , May 31, 2012
          Hahahahaha!  ....good one.....National Marilyn Day.... and here, I thought you were gonna challenge us to dress our Vita as "Marilyn" (Monroe, that is....)
          MaryC

          Message 4 of 9 , May 31, 2012
            Phooey on that!  I'm looking out for #1!!!!
            Message 5 of 9 , May 31, 2012

              There should be a Marilyn day.   Lord knows I have had Terryfic days and a few Terrybul days.   Thank God they don't go National. LOL!

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
              From: flamingomoon414@...
              Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:08:06 +0000
              Subject: [urbanvita] Re: World Doll Day - June 14

              Phooey on that!  I'm looking out for #1!!!!
              Message 6 of 9 , May 31, 2012

                Thanks for the "heads up".   Looks like I need to save some funds to celebrate.

                Terry

                To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 9 , May 31, 2012
                  OH I really love this..... but if it is the second Saturday of June, shouldn't the date be June 9th?? I don't want to celebrate on the wrong day :)

                  Perhaps June 14th is Marilyn Day??

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 31, 2012
                    You're *right*!  I missed that!  :-/   this is the "logo" for the day - it clearly says 2nd saturday...

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 31, 2012
                      Possibly.  I was thinking that Marilyn Day might be EVERY day.  ~^o^~ cheer  .... Just to make it easy for everyone to remember, you know?  :-)/:-) high five