Re: [urbanvita] gown-making

  • Margie Robison
    Message 1 of 19 , May 14, 2012
    I don't think my cats are capable of subtle thoughts. We really do have a family- Momma, Daddy and Baby. Well, Junior is 5 years old now but we still call him a kitten. He drives Momma nuts- can you say failure to launch? He went to 2 different homes and got brought back both times. He was my favorite from the litter too.
    After my SIL brought him back and said, " Hubby said we could only keep one"

    I told *my* hubby,"I'm keeping him!" :D big grin

    They spend a lot of time sitting in the windows in the summer and when Wade grills, they wait to go outside for a few minutes to eat grass and yak it up.

    Forgot to mention, I'm running an elimination BINGO game at my Kish group. It's a "Last Doll Standing" and no one wants to check their bingo words. I get to play 30 cards every day to make sure that no one misses out on the fun.

    XOXO
    Margie

    Let's Play Dolls!

    From: margierobison@...
    Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:10:17 -0700

    Thanks, Terry, I'm here! I read everything that gets posted. Loving the photos and just waiting for the last of the aches to disappear. I hate the cold wet weather we've been having. Grumble grumble grump.

    Good news! I found the drawer of wigs I had lost. I looked inside my storage drawers under my desk and found it in a bigger drawer. I remember why I put it there too. The cats loooove mohair wigs and I had to get it put somewhere safe...

    maniacal laughter trailing off...

    XOXO
    Margie

    Let's Play Dolls!

    From: margierobison@...
    Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:09:46 -0700

    For circular hems, I just go with a lining the same size and totally encase it. Sheers work well for that. Just trace your circle and cut out a larger square. No stretching or fraying or trying to match cut edges. I like doing that with small items like collars  too.

    XOXO
    Margie

    Let's Play Dolls!

    From: creativegirlatheart@...
    Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:22:48 -0400

    does/has anyone ever used one of the narrow rolled hem feet for your sewing machine??  I recently got one, but, haven't tried it.... yet... it's sitting there - staring at me every time I pass the sewing table...
    MaryC

    On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Marilyn Kearns <flamingomoon414@...> wrote:
    8-| rolling eyes I seem to always be sewing on very thin fabrics.

    Message 2 of 19 , May 15, 2012
      :)) laughing  That's so funny, BeBe Bonnie!  Your cat was faking rabies to 'prank' the human.  ... or he wanted to see how he'd look in a beard.  You never know with cats.

      Message 3 of 19 , May 15, 2012
        Dear Momma Margie,
        We are too "subtle".  We are so subtle that I'll bet you didn't know until now that we could type.  Or that we could use the computer.  :-&lt sigh  I am now going to take one of each of your pairs of doll shoes and hide it.  This ought to be fun to watch.  The birds have been a bit boring lately.
        Love,
        Junior a.k.a. Ninja Kitty:-&gt;~~ spooky

        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

        To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

        Message 4 of 19 , May 15, 2012
          That is funny!   We have a cat, Gilly (three guesses where that name came from), who likes to curl up in high places.   She systematically clears a shelf, piece by piece, to give herself ample room to stretch out.   I quit trying to replace the items (dolls) back on the shelves that she claims as "her's".   The only real problem is that once I submit to her will on the ownership of the real estate, she decides that it is no fun anymore and we need a new place to lounge.   They seem to understand that my work area is forbidden and for the most part they leave that area alone.   I am thankful for that.

          Terry

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
          From: flamingomoon414@...
          Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 03:25:06 -0700

          Message 5 of 19 , May 15, 2012
            Hahahahaaaaaa that's funny.

            Thanks for the grin and giggles

            Sorry for not changing the subject title.

            XOXO
            Margie

            Let's Play Dolls!

            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com