Too Quiet Lately...

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 9, 2011
      It has been very quiet here lately.   Not ready to share your pre-Christmas presents yet?   I got to work on one I just bought.   I got another Hot, Hot, Hot and I have been thinking that Vita needed an asian friend so... now she has one.   In my collection anyway.   Barely found time to do this and I may tweak it a bit but I like her a lot.   Meet Mei Zhen.
      Mei-Zhen

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011

        LOVE:x Mei-Zhen.  I think she looks wonderful and can't wait to see some more photos of her.  I've got two girls waiting under the Christmas tree to make an appearance.  I do have two extra faces that I think I'll try my had at painting .... ummm, not having your skill-set, I'm not sure how this will go.  Waiting for inspiration on what I want to do with them.

        And the 40% off sale is still on at Horsman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyone just dying to buy Trixie a gift?  :D

        Again, love the face and stand in awe of your talent in both painting and sewing.  You ROCK, yo.  ( I may have been watching too much "Breaking Bad" yo.)
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011
          Thank you Marilyn!   I have been wanting to try this on Vita for a while now.   I may have to get another Trixie to keep on hand.   I am sick, right?   I would love to see what you do with your faces.   You can send me pictures and I would love to give you tips if you need them.   I have gotten many Christmas "gifts" and none of them under the tree.   I applaud your will power.

          Terry

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
          From: flamingomoon414@...
          Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:36:10 +0000
          Subject: [urbanvita] Re: Too Quiet Lately...

        • kyoung@horsmanltd.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011

            Mei Zhen looks great. You have captured the Asian look!

            Regards,

            Kenneth Young

            Horsman Ltd.

            3 Park Plaza, Suite 1-118

            Glen Head, NY 11545-1837

            Tel: 516-504-0387   Fax: 516-504-0397

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011
              Thank you Kenneth!   I need to tweak her a bit but overall I am happy with the result.   Any suggestions welcome.

              Terry

              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011
                Another beautiful face paint Terry! She is lovely.

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011
                  I believe in always having at least one Hot (on my planet known as Trixie) on hand. Her stand-in is in one of the boxes under the tree.

                  I appreciate the offer of 'tips' .... can I borrow your hands and talent? I'd like an Asian also, and maybe a 30's with the half-moon bow and smokey eye .... I keep thinking ....

                  Anyway ... love Mai-Z.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011

                    Thank you Dorinda!

                    Terry

                    To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                    From: dorinda@...
                    Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 08:49:12 -0500
                    Subject: RE: [urbanvita] Too Quiet Lately...

                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 10, 2011
                      But I have more than one, or did you mean one in waiting.   Any time on the tips, let me know.   I am patiently waiting for Zhonti to debut in the buff.   Preferably in the lighter skin tone but not picky.   My wallet can't keep up with my "wants".

                      Terry

                      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                      From: flamingomoon414@...
                      Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:21:01 +0000

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 12, 2011
                        Terry, are you going to make Asian style clothes for Mei-Zhen or will she wear Western dress?   Or both?

                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 12, 2011
                          I was trying to think of something asian inspired but on the western side.   She could wear either.   Do you have something in mind?   Share.

                          Terry

                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                          From: flamingomoon414@...
                          Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:25:09 +0000

                          Terry, are you going to make Asian style clothes for Mei-Zhen or will she wear Western dress?   Or both?

                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 12, 2011
                            Nope. I was just going to wait and see what exciting stuff you come up with!!!

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 12, 2011

                              It will probably be after Christmas.   I have too many things to do, places to go (be) and people to see.   I ordered another "Trixie", figured I had better have a spare, especially while she is still on sale.   BTW, I ordered your movie from amazon.   I hope to see it before Christmas.    I may have waay to much time on my hands in January so I can catch up then.   I need to find time to go through the outfits I already have and see what looks good on her.   The girls need to have a Holiday party, lots of "cake". Winking smile

                              Terry

                              To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                              From: flamingomoon414@...
                              Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 02:47:36 +0000

                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 13, 2011
                                Cake!  Yes.  Gotta get a lot of 'cake' in stock for the holidays!!  :-$   Trixie even suggested having a "Caketail" party for a few guests.  ;)

                                I've got a couple of ideas that I want realized .... of course, since I don't actually ENJOY sewing ... I'd like them to just magically appear!  For years I've tried laying patterns on top of fabric in the hopes that they would "mate" and a fully completed outfit would appear.  :p  It hasn't worked yet, but hope springs eternal, you know.

                                I'm trying to come up with an idea for "Breeze" aka Stacy, who I want to turn into a fairy princess sort of character.  I haven't quite come up with what look I want for the gown ... got a headpiece worked out.  Maybe I'll work on that for a bit.
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 13, 2011
                                  Maybe... you just need to have some cake, or the promise of some when you finish an outfit.   That can help make the outfits appear.   Of course, too much cake will make them disappear just as fast.   Moderation in all things.   Breeze would work well as a fairy princess, I will look forward to seeing that!

                                  Terry

                                  To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: flamingomoon414@...
                                  Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:16:35 +0000

                                  Cake!  Yes.  Gotta get a lot of 'cake' in stock for the holidays!!  :-$   Trixie even suggested having a "Caketail" party for a few guests.  ;)

                                  I've got a couple of ideas that I want realized .... of course, since I don't actually ENJOY sewing ... I'd like them to just magically appear!  For years I've tried laying patterns on top of fabric in the hopes that they would "mate" and a fully completed outfit would appear.  :p  It hasn't worked yet, but hope springs eternal, you know.

                                  I'm trying to come up with an idea for "Breeze" aka Stacy, who I want to turn into a fairy princess sort of character.  I haven't quite come up with what look I want for the gown ... got a headpiece worked out.  Maybe I'll work on that for a bit.

                                • patricia brown
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 14, 2011
                                    Have you thought of using some long socks? I've done that..works great..you just cut off the foot, slip Vita into the sock, pin the back to make it fit, or if you're in a "fiddling" mood, you can cut up the back, and sew the back seam by hand. I'm going to try and send some pics of Ello wearing such a dress..here goes! Well, so much for that..nothing happened when I hit "attachments" Dang!  patricia b

                                    To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: flamingomoon414@...
                                    Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:16:35 +0000

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 14, 2011
                                      You know, Patricia, somewhere in all the piles of 'stuff' I have, there is an instruction sheet on how to make a sweater for fashion dolls out of socks.  I even went out and bought socks for this purpose and then somehow never made the sweater!  LOL.  Maybe it was Dayle who used to make those.  They were really cute.  I like your idea as well and may give that a try ... I'm sure I've got plenty of socks tucked away in the fabric piles!8-|

                                      I want the fairy/princess dress to be .... I'm not sure ... I waver between "floaty and frothy" and  trying to make it look 'organic' ... you can tell that the thought of doing TWO dresses is quite beyond me.  :p  And I have a pattern for a regular 'princess' style dress ... that OLD Simplicity one that came out years and years ago.  If I weren't so wussy I'd just make all 3 and shut up about it.