Re: Never give up ..... again

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 8, 2011
      Annoying.  The photo is THERE when I hit 'send'.  Then .... *poof*.

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
        Once more .... forgive me, please.
        I swear, at the moment there is a photo there.    *sigh*

        P1050282-1.jpg

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
            This is toooooo strange.  This time I uploaded a photo and highlighted it instead of right-clicking with my mouse to 'copy photo' I then used my menue (Mac) and "copied" and then came here and did a 'paste' and  I got a photo.  I really don't understand this at all.  Really.

            > [no]
            >
            > --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "flamingomoon414"
            > flamingomoon414@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Once more .... forgive me, please.I swear, at the moment there is a
            > > photo there. *sigh*
            > >
            > > [P1050282-1.jpg]
            > >
            > > --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "flamingomoon414"
            > > flamingomoon414@ wrote:
            > > >

            > > > [P1050563-1.jpg]

          • George T. Elliot
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
              You must have upset the HTML Gods again M.  Maybe just post the picture in an album on the Yahoo group and then link the imbedded photo to that album each time?

              Grg.

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011

                You did it!!!! Yeah!!!   Twice!!!   Great photos!

                Terry

                To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                From: flamingomoon414@...
                Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:13:23 +0000

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
                  /:) I finally got it, Grg.  I think ..... one is never truly 'sure' in the Yahoo format.  :-/  As Ray and Dorinda had said, I must have been remiss in performing the ritual.    My goal has been to be able to post a photo directly into the message.  A trick which had always eluded me on Yahoo boards and which, I thought, made them less fun.  But I think I've got it now.  Time to go have a drink of cake to celebrate.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
                    Congrats!! Glad you figured it out! I knew it had to be a Mac thing. :)

                    This is toooooo strange.  This time I uploaded a photo and highlighted it instead of right-clicking with my mouse to 'copy photo' I then used my menue (Mac) and "copied" and then came here and did a 'paste' and  I got a photo.  I really don't understand this at all.  Really.

                    no

                    [no]

                    > --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com,
                    "flamingomoon414"
                    > flamingomoon414@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Once
                    more .... forgive me, please.I swear, at the moment there is a

                    photo there. *sigh*

                    > > [P1050282-1.jpg]
                    > >
                    > > --- In urbanvita@yahoogroups.com, "flamingomoon414"
                    > > flamingomoon414@ wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > [P1050563-1.jpg]

                  • patricia brown
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
                      Well, the problem I'm still having is getting my replies in the right place!!  I wish yahoo would leave well enough alone ! anyway, I'm sure you've checked this out, but just in case..when you are going to send the e-mail, do you have a button "attach files"? I hit that, then a little box with the pic # turns (slowly) from light to dark (I think) and only after that box has changed, do I hit send. Like I've said, you probably knowall this allready, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. Don't give up !! We'll beat these machines yet..it's us against them !! patricia b.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
                        Patricia, baby, it is US  against THEM!   We'll show 'em, Pardner.  You betchya.
                        I think maybe it was something that my Mac didn't read unless I used the menu.  At any rate, I honestly believe that I have GOT IT now.  8-}  I am almost always posting at the site, and hardly ever from email, but that was a good suggestion.  I appreciate all the folks, Terry, Rin, Grg, Ray, and you, Princess Pat for trying to help!
                        Big kissy, kissy to you all.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011
                          Once I figured out your replies sere at the bottom of the post I have not had any problem reading them Patricia.   I enjoy reading all of the posts!

                          Terry

                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                          From: odaatpat@...
                          Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:39:05 -0700
                          Subject: Re: [urbanvita] Re: Never give up ..... again

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 9, 2011

                            You are so right Marilyn!   We will win against the machine.   I think you have the copy paste well mastered for your machine.   I love the photos!

                            Terry

                            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                            From: flamingomoon414@...
                            Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 22:37:11 +0000