Dolls Magazine

    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi all

      here is a link to the Dolls Magazine with Zhonti Beau Bait on the cover!

      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1, 2011
        Thanks so much, Dorinda, for linking us to that.  Great article.  It sounds like our favorite girl is going to get even more 'goodies' in the near future.  Great photos also.
        Hope everyone reads and enjoys this.

        Marilyn and Trixie
      • geneguy613
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 3, 2011

          Another triumph for Vita and Horsman!

          Congrats!

          Vince  :)

          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 15 8:54 PM
            I received my Dolls magazine in the mail today and I am kind of embarrassed that I did not look at it until my wife pointed out to me that Horsman had the entire back cover. I got the digital issue but never looked at the whole thing. Of course I am happy that we have the back cover but I am even more blown away that the doll is the American Heart Association doll, Rosso Vita. My wife said "that doll looks familiar". I did it! Beautiful photography makes it even better. If you get a copy, either digital or paper, check it out! Next time I get an issue of a dolls magazine, I promise to make it my first read.

            Still working on my photo offering for the St. Patricks party. Here's a hint, it is kind of a "Yin Yang" all mixed up and edgier. I may be up to the day to get it done but I hope... worth the wait.

            Terry
          • Margie Robison
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 15 9:20 PM
              What a great feather in your cap! I don't get the magazine but I bet it looks better than I could ever imagine. Yay for you and Vita! AHA is a great organization

              XOXO
              Margie

              I received my Dolls magazine in the mail today and I am kind of embarrassed that I did not look at it until my wife pointed out to me that Horsman had the entire back cover. I got the digital issue but never looked at the whole thing. Of course I am happy that we have the back cover but I am even more blown away that the doll is the American Heart Association doll, Rosso Vita. My wife said "that doll looks familiar". I did it! Beautiful photography makes it even better. If you get a copy, either digital or paper, check it out! Next time I get an issue of a dolls magazine, I promise to make it my first read.

              Still working on my photo offering for the St. Patricks party. Here's a hint, it is kind of a "Yin Yang" all mixed up and edgier. I may be up to the day to get it done but I hope... worth the wait.

              Terry

            • MaryC
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 15 10:32 PM
                well, congrats!
                which month issue is it?
                MaryC

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 16 5:47 AM
                  Thank you Margie!   My Barnes and Noble caries the magazine.   It is the April issue, just coming out.   When I was asked to paint it, I was honored.   I have a great respect for AHA and especially Go Red campaign.   My Grandmother died from an undiagnosed heart disease.   I painted her with an open mouth with the thought that "speaking out" is what will spread the message more effectively.

                  Terry

                  To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                  From: margierobison@...
                  Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:20:59 -0700
                  Subject: Re: [urbanvita] Dolls Magazine Congratulations to you!

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 16 5:48 AM

                    Thank you MaryC!   it is the April issue, just coming out.

                    Terry

                    To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 16 6:15 AM
                      Your "Rosso Vita" is such a beautiful doll! So elegant and lovely. Congrats on this, Dude!
                    • MaryC
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 16 7:44 AM
                        oh, I just (last month) subscribed to the digital version... is the April one online now??  I didn't get any notice....hmmm....
                        (it was THAT March issue that introduced me to UV!...so much for a "cheap" subscription, huh?)
                        MaryC

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 16 8:22 AM
                          I received the digital version early last week, just did not really look at the whole thing.   You should be able to get it.

                          Terry

                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 16 8:23 AM

                            Thank you so much Marilyn!

                            Terry

                            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
                            From: flamingomoon414@...
                            Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:15:51 +0000
                            Subject: [urbanvita] Re: Dolls Magazine

                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 17 4:41 AM
                              So, I *finally* signed in and did get my copy yesterday..... again.... GOOD JOB!!!

                              btw - WHO sells sewing patterns for this doll???   well, knitted and crocheted would be good, too... but - I *expected* to find *someone* who sells some patterns that wouldn't have to be "altered" to fit her.... just curious.
                              MaryC

                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 17 6:22 AM
                                That is just what we need.  More patterns for the Vitae! ;;) batting eyelashes

                                Since I have been collecting fashion dolls since the dark ages,;) winking I have all sorts of patterns and I have found that most Tyler and Alex patterns that have been published in FDQ or Haute Doll don't really require much alteration at all.  Any pants pattern, I just add half an inch on the length and that's it.  I am getting ready to sew a Gene pattern that was in some mag.  I'v made it for Gene and it fits her perfectly, so I've lengthened the waist for Vita and I'm going to try it.  I think that is all I'm going to have to do.  If I ever get around to actually sewing it ... I'll post a photo!  :-S worried

                                Marilyn
                              • MaryC
                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 17 6:59 AM
                                  I guess that's my problem....I haven't been "collecting" fashion type dolls.  I've mainly had Kish kids of various sizes... and Bleuette/Rosette reproductions.  They don't need DARTS!  LOL!!  I haven't even seen those magazines you mention... see??  I'm starting from scratch with this girl... I have some Ellowyne patterns, but haven't compared body measurements to know how different they are, yet.  I used to have a Gene pattern "somewhere"... but, thought I'd start with trying out the "official" pattern in the files first - I figure I should have most success with that one.....
                                  MaryC

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 17 3:57 PM
                                    :-)/:-) high five  I think starting with the pattern that Dorinda designed is a good idea.  It goes together well and you can lengthen the skirt, add ruffles, crochet!!  ... pretty much anything.  I'm going to make another one of these days because I have some fabric I think would work well for that pattern.

                                    There was a Gene pattern book YEARS ago and I think it even had a couple of patterns for knitting or crocheting.  Since I don't have any talent for either thing, I didn't pay much attention.  I'll see if I can find that book.

                                    I sew for Bleuette as well (every now and then) and honestly, the fashion clothes aren't much harder than Bleuette's  patterns or the ones for the Kish dolls.  I love Helen's clothes and have often wished I could "magic" them into fitting Vita!  8-&gt; day dreaming

                                    Haute Doll has gone out of business, but FDQ (Fashion Doll Quarterly) is still published.  If you see an issue at Barnes and Noble, you might check it out and see if there is a pattern.  They used to do them in almost every issue, but it seems not as much any more.
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 17 8:29 PM
                                      You have given us a lot of ideas!   How about... We use the pattern the Dorinda put in the files, and say by next Sunday, we post a photo of our use of that pattern but with a twist.   What would "you" do with that pattern to make it you own.   What do you think?   I have not yet tried that pattern but I have admired what others have done with it.   If I have anything, it is a box of fabric that has not yet found an inspiration.   "Idle hands are the Devils playground" I have always heard.   If you need more time, lets discuss it.   Most everyone sew's at least a little.   Not a challenge, just an activity and at the end... "eye candy!".   Calorie free.

                                      Terry

                                      To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Mar 17 8:49 PM
                                        I'll join in on that! I wish I had ordered that Kaffe Fassett Millefiore fabric I spotted on another doll group. I didn't know what it was or who made it til the maker piped up with information.

                                        With temperatures well above our normal 40 degrees a summer dress will be perfect. It's been in the 60s and 70s for several days now.

                                        You folks are so much fun to play dolls with. Thank you again for the warm welcome and the information shared. Mary is off hammering on her dulcimer today or she'd say the same thing. In fact, I'm vouching for her to play too. Excuse me while I find somewhere to run and hide

                                        XOXO
                                        Margie

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 17 9:07 PM
                                          LOL!   Too funny!   I LOVE that fabric!

                                          Terry

                                          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Mar 17 9:41 PM
                                            oh, Margie - I KNOW you didn't go run *anywhere*!  you said you can't run anymore.... ;-)
                                            yup... I'll get started on it tomorrow... um... I mean later today.  :-)   Music was great tonite, btw -  I think I have an idea of the fabric we wanna use.... I ran across it in some "sortings" the other day and set it closer to the machine/cutting table.... :-)

                                            Margie is my *idol* when it comes to making stuff for her dolls - she has such a great imagination with it... I lack that, somehow - but, just like to "play".  :-)
                                            MaryC

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Mar 17 10:18 PM
                                              Mary, cut it out, lately it's been more like "idle". I need to get my rear in gear.
                                              But I can't let you show me up, you already finished that outfit for Lizette.

                                              XOXO
                                              Margie

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Mar 18 7:17 AM
                                                oops... :-)
                                                (and Terry said it wasn't a "challenge" - I guess it IS..... git your scissors out, Margie!)
                                                Maybe you'd better make two while you're at it... she'll never be happy with just ONE!  :-)
                                                MaryC

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Mar 18 9:38 AM

                                                  Well, it is not a real challenge, however, whatever motivates you is a good thing.   Think of it as a way to get more wardrobe.   Vita would not mind two, or three. LOL!

                                                  Terry

                                                  To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Mar 18 9:50 AM
                                                    oh, I know it's not an 'official challenge'...it's probably a way to get new patterns, too, right? ....and shoes...and jewelry...but... I also know *Margie* - she's NOT apt to sit back if one "challenges" her... and I think your idea of 3 outfits sounds good too!  LOL!!  (Margie's gonna be thinking about sewing all day - no matter what...)  :-)

                                                    Jaden loves to play with g'mas fabrics... I'm *sure* she'd love to pick out some for Chandon's new outfits!  (did I spell/remember that name right???  hmmmm - I'm horrible with names...)
                                                    MaryC
                                                    (but, I *do* remember my own....so far.)

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Mar 18 12:31 PM
                                                      Well, it *was* a challenge (of sorts) for me.... I finished my first attempt at this dress... I've never done a completely LINED piece before.  :-)   I managed to figure it out with the instructions on the pattern pieces, tho.... It appears my "sewing muse" is full of brightness right now - we have the request for "accesories" before we dare to share a picture, tho.... so, stay tuned...
                                                      MaryC

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Mar 18 4:28 PM
                                                        :) happy Oh, MaryC, the instructions for the dress are in the Files section just under the pattern file.  I can't survive without instructions as I always seem to make things harder than they need to be.  .... or just plain wrong!!!L-) loser
                                                      • MaryC
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Mar 18 4:33 PM
                                                          oh, DUH!  LOL!!    well.... we managed to get it together "slightly differently".  LOL!!  I totally *missed* those instructions!  LOL!!
                                                          MaryC