Re: New question: What do you love most about Urban Vita?

  • REGINA
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 28, 2011
      Vita's Body is excellent. Like I said, I started posing her in certain yoga postures and she "holds" the pose :)

      I think both collector and designer's are moving toward more realism in their dolls. So like I said, when putting thigh high stockings on the "joint" disappears. It would be a dream to make a skin-like material dolls could where over their joints that would like like skin but not stretch or tear over time. Latex was tried for awhile in some action figures, after a time it dries out, falls away and looks horrible. But the idea of a doll, with skin that moves with such agility without loosing elasticity, would be real advancement in these miniature people we adore so much. I have no idea how to make skin, that doesn't dry out of tear that could be silky like vinyl or resin yet cover the joints with a smooth skin material. Some dolls have a knee cap of sorts and they look interesting, but then it impedes the full mobility. There is no answer, but experiments. Vita's get you to thinking about more improvements, that is why they are so innovative and playable, the make the collectore creativity spark, too.

      I came late to the Tonner knee, but I do see them on the Ellowyne's, the Monica/Tyler body. The Antionett body has sligh knee covers, but again the poseablility is as good on these dolls.

      Suddenly, I am thinking of real life, the moisturizer creams for the skin, for elasticity and no wrinkles or stretching out after so many years of wear and tear.... I am starting to think creation was easy, maintaining is the hard part.

      > You make a great point about her ability to 'borrow' clothing! And the
      > great thing is, since she is a bit taller and does have broad shoulders,
      > the items that I always thought were cut too large for Alex or Tyler
      > look perfect on her!
      > I actually think her knees are good. I guess having spent years with
      > the infamous "Tyler knee" (it didn't really bother me much, but so many
      > people hated it ...) I like the shape of the Vita knee.

    • starcrossed83
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 29, 2011
        Oh yes, absolutely! No, I don't have any haunted dolls. Only entropy moves them when I don't use stands and expect them to stand slanted up against a wall or sitting on a ledge/shelf. But they definitely have personalities, tell me what they want to wear, they tell me what is not their thing.

        Off topic, I have both the Evangeline Ghastly resin and several Vinyl dolls. My resin is so much more sophisticated then her vinyl likenesses. But they are just a tease to the real thing. They are different dolls no matter what the designer says.

        And so with my Vita's I like my Tosca as she likes mod and high design clothing. My licorice and cotton candy like their own outfits. Inferno is a Tonner Oz kinda girl as well as my repaint lady. Breeze(winged air ellement) Vita likes more tailored designs. Expressions like mod's and Sapphire Vita just likes whatever is sexy at the moment.

        My Cami's like just whatever Mr. Tonner says is for them, though some of the close fitting Ellowyne outfits(ones without all the extra fabrics and fluff) looks great on both Vita's and Cami(or Antoinette bodies).

        My husband get's a bit annoyed with me, because as I sit and watch TV, I usually am dressing and undressing dolls, changing them out, etc. He thinks I am not paying attention, but really it's just how I relax. And less calories than potato chips ;)