Re: New question: What do you love most about Urban Vita?

  • kyoung@horsmanltd.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 26, 2011

      Thank you for such enlightening testimonial! The new 2011 Vitas will be further enhanced in the areas of jointing, seams and material.

      Regards,

      Kenneth Young

      Horsman Ltd.

      3 Park Plaza, Suite 1-118

      Glen Head, NY 11545-1837

      Tel: 516-504-0387     Fax: 516-504-0397

    • KURT65@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 26, 2011
        I would have to say her designers.  One in particular is just unbelievably talented.  So handsome and charming.  He could even be considered a God in certain 3rd world countries.....LOL  Actually....I love EVERYTHING about Vita!!  She's gorgeous and has the absolute BEST taste in clothing!!!!
        Hugs,
        Kurt

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 26, 2011
          Thank you!   I have more coming up...
          Terry

          To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com
          From: flamingomoon414@...
          Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 17:27:10 +0000

          Terry, I am completely in agreement with you about Horsman being a great company and about buying more Vitas!  :D

          I have loved the OOAK's that you have done with Vita as your muse, and look forward to seeing more.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 26, 2011

            Well deserved!   Thank you again for all of your help with that joint.   I am looking forward to seeing the new dolls.

            Terry

            To: urbanvita@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 26, 2011
              Kurt, I have to agree!  I think Ken could be considered a God in almost any country.  How sweet of you to say that about him.

              :*:D
            • starcrossed83
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                Hi!

                Thank you for starting the question.
                My nickname for Vita is Vita the Versatile, she "borrows'" most other 16" fashion doll clothes with ease. She definitely has the best articulation.

                At one time I was hesitant about her "strong" shoulders and bare knees, but the athletic build has sold me on her with her ability to fit clothes and once a pair of thigh highs are put on the illusion is complete for the nice shapely legs Vita has. She is just so playable, there used to be dolls that you were afraid to touch, forever in the same clothes and put away under glass. I never wanted a hobby I couldn't play with.

                I have put Vita in many contortions. She is a Yogi in the doll world.
                From sitting "Indian Style" to the Lotus position, standing/balancing positions. So the short answer is:

                What I love best about Vita?
                Her body, articulation, poseability and ability to fit in so many styles.

                Regina

                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                  Oh man!! I thought he was talking about me! LOL!!

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011

                    Marilyn, I think Kurt was referring to Kurt! J

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                      LOL.  I think so too, Ken.  But we have to keep him 'humble', don't we?

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                        Ummm......I'm right here you know.
                        I can HEAR you!!!!  LOL

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                          Me too :(

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                            Sad face???  Awwww.......

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                              You make a great point about her ability to 'borrow' clothing!  And the great thing is, since she is a bit taller and does have broad shoulders, the items that I always thought were cut too large for Alex or Tyler look perfect on her!

                              I actually think her knees are good.  I guess having spent years with the infamous "Tyler knee"  (it didn't really bother me much, but so many people hated it ...)  I like the shape of the Vita knee.
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 27, 2011
                                Have you begun to refer to yourself with a masculine pronoun?  :-?  Just checking. (:|
                              • REGINA
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 28, 2011
                                  Vita's Body is excellent. Like I said, I started posing her in certain yoga postures and she "holds" the pose :)

                                  I think both collector and designer's are moving toward more realism in their dolls. So like I said, when putting thigh high stockings on the "joint" disappears. It would be a dream to make a skin-like material dolls could where over their joints that would like like skin but not stretch or tear over time. Latex was tried for awhile in some action figures, after a time it dries out, falls away and looks horrible. But the idea of a doll, with skin that moves with such agility without loosing elasticity, would be real advancement in these miniature people we adore so much. I have no idea how to make skin, that doesn't dry out of tear that could be silky like vinyl or resin yet cover the joints with a smooth skin material. Some dolls have a knee cap of sorts and they look interesting, but then it impedes the full mobility. There is no answer, but experiments. Vita's get you to thinking about more improvements, that is why they are so innovative and playable, the make the collectore creativity spark, too.

                                  I came late to the Tonner knee, but I do see them on the Ellowyne's, the Monica/Tyler body. The Antionett body has sligh knee covers, but again the poseablility is as good on these dolls.

                                  Suddenly, I am thinking of real life, the moisturizer creams for the skin, for elasticity and no wrinkles or stretching out after so many years of wear and tear.... I am starting to think creation was easy, maintaining is the hard part.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 29, 2011
                                    Oh yes, absolutely! No, I don't have any haunted dolls. Only entropy moves them when I don't use stands and expect them to stand slanted up against a wall or sitting on a ledge/shelf. But they definitely have personalities, tell me what they want to wear, they tell me what is not their thing.

                                    Off topic, I have both the Evangeline Ghastly resin and several Vinyl dolls. My resin is so much more sophisticated then her vinyl likenesses. But they are just a tease to the real thing. They are different dolls no matter what the designer says.

                                    And so with my Vita's I like my Tosca as she likes mod and high design clothing. My licorice and cotton candy like their own outfits. Inferno is a Tonner Oz kinda girl as well as my repaint lady. Breeze(winged air ellement) Vita likes more tailored designs. Expressions like mod's and Sapphire Vita just likes whatever is sexy at the moment.

                                    My Cami's like just whatever Mr. Tonner says is for them, though some of the close fitting Ellowyne outfits(ones without all the extra fabrics and fluff) looks great on both Vita's and Cami(or Antoinette bodies).

                                    My husband get's a bit annoyed with me, because as I sit and watch TV, I usually am dressing and undressing dolls, changing them out, etc. He thinks I am not paying attention, but really it's just how I relax. And less calories than potato chips ;)