4115RE: [urbanvita] Re: Vita bodies -- I'M SO HAPPY THAT...

  • horsmandoll
    Sep 6, 2013

      To those who plan to swap the modified Vita body to the Gene head please take note of the following posting in The Studio Commissary by Sharon M:

      “Just a quick note to those of you who, like me, are excited about mating the really poseable Vita body with a Gene head.

      Please make sure you warm the whole orifice - the hole in the Gene head where the neck goes - a bunch with a hair dryer before you try to insert the neck knob. The Gene hole is very deep and you have to have it warm all the way up there for the knob to properly seat, then you have to push the head all the way onto the neck of the body till you are sure it kind of snaps in there and a gentle pull will not dislodge it.

      Michael B and Michael Z have swapped a bunch of these without a single problem., so they can probably give you some advice as well.

      If you don't properly warm the neck, it is marginally possible to break off the adapter that is glued to the Vita neck that allows the Gene body to fit. If that happens, make sure you contact Ken at Horsman for help, but if you are working with a soft, warm, pliable neck orifice all the way up, you should be good to go. If you hear otherwise, the head was not properly heated or properly applied.

      Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help!”

      Regards,

      Kenneth Young

      Horsman Ltd.

      3 Park Plaza, Suite 1-118