Locations Anyone?

  • ferretsg2
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
      Grettings my fellow zombies! Where shall we meet to enjoy our
      consumption of these ever so edible humans?
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
        --- In urbandeadzombies@yahoogroups.com, "ferretsg2"
        <GarTheDestroyer@g...> wrote:
        > Grettings my fellow zombies! Where shall we meet to enjoy our
        > consumption of these ever so edible humans?

        The corners would be the easiest places to find, for most zombies.
        Simply walk diagonally towards it till you hit the edge of the city,
        then horizontally or vertically as required. No peering at the source
        code for location required! (Ah, the grim enlightenment of death)

        I'll suggest the Northwest corner, because that's where I and my
        current packmate are closest to, and I know for a fact that there are
        many, many humans there.

        Now, don't get distracted by any humans you may encounter on the way.
        I've done some calculations, and ignoring flak jackets, first aid-
        kits, and death forbid fighting back, it will take a lone zombie
        about 5 or 6 DAYS to kill a human (Embarassing, really). Hopefully
        we'll be made stronger soon, but until then, we'll need to coordinate
        our attacks against individual targets in order to have a hope of
        being menacing.

        So, head to the Northwest corner, and start munching on the
        alphabetically first human you find in that block. More zombies will
        arrive soon to help you/us, with any luck.
      • Brendan Adkins
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
          As of 1:09 am EDT on Wednesday, there's a pack of four delicious
          humans just loitering at 18,6 (Riggs Plaza in Jensentown). Not too
          terribly far from a pack that meets in the NW corner. I should be
          there (the corner) by morning.

          --Brendan
        • Brendan Adkins
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
            Ah, and several more clusters of threeish as I move norwester.
            Perhaps the humans think they are safe in packs! I prefer to think of
            them as "combo meals."

            --Brendan
          • Ben
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
              --- In urbandeadzombies@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Adkins"
              <xorphus@h...> wrote:
              > Ah, and several more clusters of threeish as I move norwester.
              > Perhaps the humans think they are safe in packs! I prefer to think of
              > them as "combo meals."
              >
              > --Brendan

              Indeed! And Northwest seems to be the corner people gravitate towards
              when choosing one at random to quest for. So it's like we'd get
              delivery!
            • Brendan Adkins
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                Ah ha! I win the race to the northwest corner! I think. There
                appear to be multiple humans here and no other zombies.

                Er... backup?

                --Brendan
              • Ben
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                  <xorphus@h...> wrote:
                  > Ah ha! I win the race to the northwest corner! I think. There
                  > appear to be multiple humans here and no other zombies.
                  >
                  > Er... backup?
                  >
                  > --Brendan

                  I have arrived, and managed to inflict a grevious blow to 9oF with my
                  fists! I think the coordination of "attack the alphabetically first"
                  makes for decent strategy unless otherwise stated. And provides
                  automatic backup plans of who to attack if our current target runs away.

                  Again, I encourage ALL zombies to head to the NW ASAP. And from there
                  our army shall rise!
                • Ben
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                    <xorphus@h...> wrote:
                    > Ah ha! I win the race to the northwest corner! I think. There
                    > appear to be multiple humans here and no other zombies.
                    >
                    > Er... backup?

                    Tsk, thought I had replied to this.

                    Anyway, arrived, beginning the attack, as previously indicated, on the
                    alphabetically first person (9oF, in this case) And managed to do a bit
                    of damage, too! If we get a few more zombies up here, soon, we might
                    even take a player out!
                  • Brendan Adkins
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                      I started attacking 90f and immediately everything went to 500 errors.

                      THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.
                    • Kevan Davis
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                        <xorphus@h...> wrote:
                        > I started attacking 90f and immediately everything went to 500 errors.
                        >
                        > THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

                        Sorry. Should learn not to make even *very tiny changes* on the live
                        script, in case they catch fire. (Was adding a message to the room
                        description that says "That person with 'zombie' in their name isn't
                        really a zombie, you know", after seeing a few citizens running scared
                        from other people's usernames.)

                        Kevan
                      • jason966358
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 11, 2005
                          Silence Walk Police Station, Jensentown. Got killed by another human
                          player, indeath man. Suggest we all converge on him, seeing as he's a
                          player killer, and single him out. He's moved, but he can't be too
                          far...
                        • Brendan Adkins
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 11, 2005
                            May I suggest that we start putting map grid numbers with our
                            locations? We can't use GPS units, but it's not hard to figure out
                            from the source code of the page. There's a detailed explanation of
                            this at http://www.livejournal.com/community/zomziepie/22044.html.

                            --Brendan
                          • mike_simmons1992
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 11, 2005
                              <xorphus@h...> wrote:
                              > May I suggest that we start putting map grid numbers with our
                              > locations? We can't use GPS units, but it's not hard to figure out
                              > from the source code of the page. There's a detailed explanation of
                              > this at http://www.livejournal.com/community/zomziepie/22044.html.
                              >
                              > --Brendan
                              That link was 404 not found. Thanks for the help!
                            • Brendan Adkins
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 11, 2005
                                --- In urbandeadzombies@yahoogroups.com, "mike_simmons1992"
                                <chevelledude9213@a...> wrote:
                                > --- In urbandeadzombies@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Adkins"
                                > <xorphus@h...> wrote:
                                > > May I suggest that we start putting map grid numbers with our
                                > > locations? We can't use GPS units, but it's not hard to figure out
                                > > from the source code of the page. There's a detailed explanation of
                                > > this at http://www.livejournal.com/community/zomziepie/22044.html.
                                > >
                                > > --Brendan
                                > That link was 404 not found. Thanks for the help!

                                Ah, Yahoo stupidly linked the period at the end as well. Take that
                                out and it should work, or click on this:

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 11, 2005
                                  Sillence Walk Police Dept, Jensentown (10,3)

                                  Lots of people here, currently munching on Mocha (another few hours
                                  should do it)!
                                • thisstopsnow
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 11, 2005
                                    --- In urbandeadzombies@yahoogroups.com, "jason966358"
                                    <jason.loader@b...> wrote:
                                    > Sillence Walk Police Dept, Jensentown (10,3)
                                    >
                                    > Lots of people here, currently munching on Mocha (another few hours
                                    > should do it)!

                                    Greetings fellow zombies!

                                    Looks like one of you heard my groans and came to assist. There's now
                                    two of us here at Sillence Walk Police Dept, Jensentown (10,3). Anyone
                                    in the area, feel free to drop in for a spot of lunch. Napkins and
                                    good table manners optional.
                                  • thisstopsnow
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 12, 2005
                                      Sillence Walk Police Dept, Jensentown (10,3).

                                      Mocha is down! Started on placidemo for breakfast!
                                    • thisstopsnow
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 12, 2005
                                        --- In urbandeadzombies@yahoogroups.com, "thisstopsnow"
                                        <jason.loader@b...> wrote:
                                        > Sillence Walk Police Dept, Jensentown (10,3).
                                        >
                                        > Mocha is down! Started on placidemo for breakfast!

                                        Still here, Bubba Hotep and hunter66 are double-teaming me, think I'll
                                        hang around, as I don't think they have experienced their
                                        first "zombie stands up, zombie says 'Graaaagh!'" moment.