on the streets of ol' Nixbank

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      Seems like only yesterday, these streets were calm and familiar. The
      completly sane population carried on with their completly sane lives.
      Everyone has lost their minds, now, one way or the other. Half the
      city is chewing on their coatsleeves or potato-paste wallpaper or
      moldy but neatly formed bread loaves for sustanance. The other
      half,... brains, sinew, bone marrow.

      Im here to pound out the insanity, plain and simple. I woke up the
      other day, on the street, with a taste in my mouth that I couldnt
      place. My gun is gone. My unit is probably all dead. Im running
      south now, hopefully to permanant shelter. As I jog, then sprint,
      then jog along the grey, forgotten streets, I pass barricaded
      buildings. Sometimes lights are on, but mostly I just see shadows in
      the cracks in the barricades. Eyes peak through with suspicion and
      fear.

      The city seems to get bleaker and bleaker as I move. My limbs are
      screaming for rest, food, water...

      I recognize, coming up on a large commercial plaza, the hospital where
      my daughter was born, the dance club where I met my wife. My only
      hope is that they're alive,... and out of town.