Re: [UPPAAL] Errors obtained using UPPAAL 3.4.

  • Gerd Behrmann
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
      Hi again,

      The error "This is not a valid UPPAAL file...." is due to problems in
      earlier versions than 3.2.13 of UPPAAL. It is caused by multiple
      <committed/> tags on the same location, which is invalid according to
      the DTD. Uppaal will correct these errors, and you can ignore the error
      message.

      The other problem you mentioned is due to the input file not being in
      the UTF-8 encoding. This seems to be a problem with the old XML parser,
      we used in the 3.2 releases. In 3.4, we use the Xerces-J 2 parser from
      the apache project (development on the older parser has been
      discontinued, so we were forced to switch to the new parser). For beta
      2, we will investigate how this problem can be solved. For now, you can
      use the following work-around. Either:

      * Convert the file to UTF-8 encoding. This can be done in emacs
      using the key sequence C-x RET f and choose utf-8.

      * Edit the first tag in the file from

      <?xml version="1.0"?>

      (use your favourite text editor).

      The problem with the deadlock property is the following: The deadlock is
      in the initial state (after 20 time units, there will be no enabled
      outgoing transitions). There is a bug in UPPAAL which prevents loading
      of "empty traces" - this is what is happening in your case. We will try
      to fix it for beta 2.

      Best regards,

      /gerd

      On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 10:51, Marius-Petru STANICA wrote:
      > Hello,
      >

      > I attached the files to this message. They are the two versions of my model.
      > Can you also verify whether it finds a deadlock? Cause I did that and it
      > yeld that it was a deadlock, but even with the traicing activated, the
      > simulator was not updated. Yes, this happened with the previous version of
      > UPPAAL, with the new one, I don't know yet the answer, I cannot overpass
      > those syntax errors.
      >

      > Thanks,
      > Marius

      Gerd Behrmann <behrmann@...>
    • Marius-Petru STANICA
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
        Hello again,

        > * Convert the file to UTF-8 encoding. This can be done in emacs
        > using the key sequence C-x RET f and choose utf-8.

        I did not try that yet.

        > * Edit the first tag in the file from
        > <?xml version="1.0"?>
        > (use your favourite text editor).

        This one doesn't work. I have the same errors.

        And thank you for the tip with the deadlock property.

        Best regards,
        Marius
      • Gerd Behrmann
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2003
          Hi,

          You can now download a small utility to convert ISO-88590-1 encoded
          files to UTF-8 encoding. Download the utility here:

          http://www.docs.uu.se/docs/rtmv/uppaal/downloads/convert.jar

          Double click on it or run it like 'java -jar convert.jar'. The program
          will first ask for the file to convert and then for the file to write
          the output to.

          Best regards,

          /gerd

          On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:04, Marius-Petru STANICA wrote:
          > Hello again,
          >

          > > * Convert the file to UTF-8 encoding. This can be done in emacs
          > > using the key sequence C-x RET f and choose utf-8.
          >
          > I did not try that yet.
          >

          > > * Edit the first tag in the file from
          > > <?xml version="1.0"?>
          > > (use your favourite text editor).
          >
          > This one doesn't work. I have the same errors.
          >
          > And thank you for the tip with the deadlock property.
          >

          > Best regards,
          > Marius

          Gerd Behrmann <behrmann@...>
        • Marius-Petru STANICA
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 20, 2003
            Hi,

            Thank you very much for your hint. But I am sorry to tell that it still
            does not work. It gived the same errors.
            Well, I thought that I should have done a slight modification in the model
            and to try saving it with the new version of UPPAAL. When I tried to open
            it, it did not want to do it, instead the error "Error while opening
            system. Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.". So, it may be a
            different problem, which is interpreted as an Unicode problem by the analyser.

            Thank you anyway,
            Marius