FS: Take a Look: An Introduction to the Experience of Art

  • Js6narrow@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2000
      FS: Take a Look: An Introduction to the Experience of Art
      by Rosemary Davidson
      (retail $18.99) Asking $15.00 ppd

      Reading level: Ages 9-12
      Hardcover - 128 pages - exc condition
      This abundantly illustrated, oversize volume will make a nice addition to
      any art curriculum precisely because it skims the surface of its subject. In
      11 topical chapters, filled with drawings, photographs, and reproductions
      that represent many cultures and historical periods, Davidson considers
      everything from artistic interpretations of the human form and face to
      materials used in making art and how artists do their work. The author
      instills her text with a strong sense of how art fits into everyday
      experience and how we use it--to express ourselves, tell stories, decorate
      our houses, have fun, manifest religious faith, and even earn a living. A
      time line, a glossary, and a list of further readings are included.

      Thanks- email Js6narrow@...

      Julie in GA
      Wed to Jed ~ HS Mom to
      Jessica-19, Jeremiah-10, Josiah-8, Jenna-7
      "A room without books is like a body without a soul."
      -- Marcus Tullius Cicero --
      ~ <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/js6narrow/home/index.htm">Welcome to the
      Blackwell Family's Home Page!</A> ~
      Get paid for surfing the web! Something you do anyway!
      Go to www.alladvantage.com and use referral code EQA-895 Thanks!