Imprisoned Border Agent's wife calls Bush a hypocrite and a traitor

  • John Perna
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      Imprisoned Border Agent's wife calls Bush a hypocrite and a traitor
      Please send this letter to EVERYONE you know so THEY will know
      what a Two-Face Liar Bush is on the issue of U.S. Border security - including
      the issue of safety of the American People from drug smugglers and other foreign lowlifes who enter this country daily !!!

      Monica Ramos, the wife of one of two U.S. Border Patrol agents imprisoned last week for wounding an escaping drug smuggler, attended the State of the Union speech in person
      last night – and was sharply critical of President Bush, calling him a hypocrite and worse.

      "By prosecuting these two Border Patrol agents while the drug smuggler is given immunity, President Bush has brutalized the lives of [ U.S. Border Patrol ] agents Ramos and Compean with a decision that threatens to destroy their families. The wives and the young children of these two Border Patrol agents are now being driven into poverty. The families have no health insurance, they are now losing their homes, and they face a mountain of debt to lawyers. This is a travesty of justice and a personal tragedy that should make President Bush ashamed. "

      "How could President Bush say that he wanted to secure our borders and that he would double the size of the Border Patrol when my husband is in prison," she asked WND. "Ignacio was trying to secure our border from drug smugglers. And what do we get? I have to show my children their father in prison in chains and I have to explain to  them that the president of the United States is a liar."

      "President Bush can say all he wants that the solution to border security is new infrastructure and technology," Ramos told WND, "but as long as my husband is in jail the American
      people should know that President Bush doesn't mean a word he says."

      -- Monica Ramos, the wife of one of two U.S. Border Patrol agents imprisoned last  week for wounding an escaping drug smuggler.

      Source:

      Imprisoned Border Agent's wife calls Bush a hypocrite and a traitor

      Published on Wednesday, January 24, 2007.

      Source: WorldNetDaily - By Jerome R. Corsi

      Monica Ramos, the wife of one of two U.S. Border Patrol
      agents imprisoned last week for wounding an escaping drug
      smuggler, attended the State of the Union speech in person
      last night – and was sharply critical of President Bush,
      calling him a hypocrite and worse.

      Ramos, wife of Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos, attended
      the event as a guest of Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif.

      Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean began prison sentences
      last week, of 11 and 12 years respectively, for their
      actions in the shooting and wounding of a Mexican drug
      smuggler who was granted full immunity to testify against
      them.

      At the conclusion of the speech, Ramos, emotional and in
      tears, told WND in an exclusive interview, that she
      considered President Bush's speech compete hypocrisy.

      "How could President Bush say that he wanted to secure our
      borders and that he would double the size of the Border
      Patrol when my husband is in prison," she asked WND.
      "Ignacio was trying to secure our border from drug
      smugglers. And what do we get? I have to show my children
      their father in prison in chains and I have to explain to
      them that the president of the United States is a liar."

      WND waited nearly an hour after the speech was concluded to
      be able to speak with a clearly emotionally upset Monica
      Ramos.

      "President Bush can say all he wants that the solution to
      border security is new infrastructure and technology," Ramos
      told WND, "but as long as my husband is in jail the American
      people should know that President Bush doesn't mean a word
      he says."

      "What I sat in the gallery and heard tonight," she said,
      "was a total sell-out of the United States of America to
      Mexico. I heard President Bush's message loud and clear. All
      the president has to offer is electronic gadgets. Meanwhile,
      our borders are wide open to illegal immigrants, criminals
      and drug smugglers. God help the honest men and women of the
      Border Patrol who want to do their duty. It's a losing
      battle – just ask my husband, he'll tell you the truth."

      "The American people only need to ask me," Ramos pleaded to
      WND. "Tell America that President Bush doesn't mean a word
      of what he says about border security. My husband is in jail
      for trying to capture a drug smuggler and President Bush
      wants electronics? My husband is a hero and President Bush
      is a traitor as far as I'm concerned. Let him tell my
      children that he wants new 'infrastructure' or
      'comprehensive immigration reform' when their dad who wore
      the Border Patrol badge for years is shackled and in chains
      for doing his job."

      Rohrabacher agreed with Ramos, emphasizing to WND that "the
      Bush administration has a hidden agenda with Mexico and that
      agenda is to keep our border with Mexico wide open, even to
      drug smugglers."

      Asked what message he wanted to send by inviting Ramos' wife
      to attend the speech in person, Rohrabacher explained: "I
      wanted to give Mrs. Ramos the opportunity to be in the room
      and look President Bush right in the face, knowing that this
      was the man who was destroying her life by his decision to
      prosecute her husband to the hilt."

      Rohrabacher described the injustice he perceived in
      emotional terms: "By prosecuting these two Border Patrol
      agents while the drug smuggler is given immunity, President
      Bush has brutalized the lives of agents Ramos and Compean
      with a decision that threatens to destroy their families.
      The wives and the young children of these two Border Patrol
      agents are now being driven into poverty. The families have
      no health insurance, they are now losing their homes, and
      they face a mountain of debt to lawyers. This is a travesty
      of justice and a personal tragedy that should make President
      Bush ashamed.

      Asked if he had achieved his purpose in inviting Monica
      Ramos to attend the speech, Rohrabacher told WND:

      My purpose after hearing the State of the Union tonight is
      doubly resolved. President Bush needs to know that we will
      not rest until Border Patrol [officers] Ramos and Compean
      are set free. In history there are cases where heroic people
      were brutalized and sacrificed by political powers in order
      to achieve a certain agenda. In this case, I think that's
      what's happening.

      We have an administration that has a hidden agenda with
      Mexico such that George Bush wants an open border, even
      though an open border is not in the interests of the
      American people.

      These Border Patrol agents are caught in the middle. They're
      Americans and they know what their job is supposed to be.
      They are being persecuted and prosecuted for our sake
      because they are getting in the way of a power play that has
      yet been disclosed to the public.

      It brutalizes the lives and destroys the families of men who
      have been willing to sacrifice their lives for us for the
      last five and 10 years. This is both a tragedy and a
      travesty.

      The continued insistence of the administration to prosecute
      these Border Patrol agents and to put them in jail and to
      shackle them and see the families of these men being driven
      into destitution – this indicates that there has been a
      decision right at the top that's based on arrogance and
      cruelty that I think unfortunately reflects our president.
      It's a side of the president that is now coming out.

      We get calls back from the underlings, the assistant
      congressional liaison officers. This president doesn't
      return phone calls and he is arrogant and nasty and doesn't
      treat people very well, not even members of Congress.

      The statement we're trying to make is that the president's
      policy along the border is responsible for murders, drug
      dealers and terrorists entering the country, millions of
      illegals. His policy has resulted in the undermining of
      those law enforcement officers guarding the border, he has
      totally demoralized the Border Patrol, and in the process of
      him trying to send a message to the Border Patrol he's
      destroying the lives of two families. … This person looking
      right into the face of the president in the same room, this
      mother of three, her life is being destroyed by President
      Bush's decision to fully prosecute to the hilt her husband.

      American citizens need to rally around these two Border
      Patrol agents and should call the White House directly to
      register their protest to this travesty of justice.

      President Bush made no reference to the Border Patrol case
      in a 50-minute speech that focused on domestic issues in the
      first half and international issues in the second half.

      Monica Ramos told WND she was in Washington, D.C., to attend
      a meeting yesterday afternoon with concerned congressmen.

      At least 70 members of the House have signed on to a
      resolution ordering a congressional pardon that would toss
      out the convictions and immediately free the former agents.

      Monica Ramos described her first meeting with her husband in
      prison as "heart breaking."

      Ramos confirmed the account provided WND by her father, Joe
      Loya. She acknowledged her husband is being held in solitary
      confinement in a 6-by-12 foot cell, without windows. Ignacio
      Ramos is not being allowed any exercise time, and he is
      shackled every time he leaves his cell.

      "This may be for his protection from other inmates," Monica
      Ramos acknowledged to WND, "but this is abusive. They are
      treating my husband like the worst hardened criminal
      imaginable."

      She said one of her three young children is so disturbed by
      the imprisonment that the family has decided to seek
      counseling for the child.

      "My children are planning to visit their father for the
      first time this Friday," she said, expressing concern. "This
      will be the first time they see their dad shackled in
      chains, when they are used to seeing me send him off in his
      badge and uniform."

      The couple's youngest child is 7 years old, the others are
      aged 9 and 13.

      "My youngest child wanted to know if we could order pizza
      for dad in prison," Monic Ramos said. "No, I told him. Let's
      wait and have pizza night when daddy gets home."

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.