Hillary Clinton's "slip of the tongue". Hillary spoke of what she would do "as president again".

  • John Perna
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2007
      Hillary Clinton's "slip of the tongue". Hillary spoke of what she would do "as president again".

      How many people have picked up on the following "slip of the tongue" from Hillary as she was being interviewed on her immigration stance by Candy Crowley of CNN on Nov. 06, 2007?

      "Then in an interview yesterday CNN’s Candy Crowley…
      CROWLEY: If I wrote a story that said: "Absent a broad illegal immigration bill, Hillary Clinton agrees about giving driver's licenses to illegal immigrants," is that correct?
      CLINTON: No. What I have said is that I support what governors are trying to do. And governors are on the front lines because of the failures to get comprehensive immigration reform. There are already eight states that issue driver's licenses without any verification of citizenship. That is a decision that the governors and legislatures and the people of those states have made. I understand…
      CROWLEY: But you see why people think…
      CLINTON: Well, but you know, Candy…
      CROWLEY: … that you are not answering the question.
      CLINTON: Well, but you know, Candy, well, but I think that if you go back and look at the complexity of this issue, I don’t think a lot of these hard questions lend themselves to raising your hand. And I know that that’s easier in a 30 second context to try to do. I think the fact that governors are being forced into this position is really unfortunate. They should not be making immigration policy. The federal government should be making immigration policy and
      that’s what I’m going to try to do as president again
      and I do not believe that in the context of federal immigration reform that that would be an issue that governors would have to contend with."

      Hypothetical Question:  Apparently Hillary Clinton WAS the President, when we thought that it was Bill Clinton who was elected. A President can only serve two terms in office, so why is she running AGAIN?  She should be disqualified as she already served her two terms!

      http://mail.yahoo.com