Warren Woessner's Greatest Hits

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2003
      The series by Pudding House is a good idea. Your twelve poems are not
      just good; they're knockouts. The League of Canadian Poets had a
      similar series; I was scheduled to be, say, 173; but the series
      collapsed at 169. Squabbling over royalties seemed to consume every
      Annual General Meeting. Executive directors came and went; but every
      new one felt his first duty was to impose his aesthetic taste on the
      series. The books were underpriced to appeal to high schools.
      Government grants came and went--and finally went.

      You've affixed Alaska to the US Midwest to make a sensible world. I
      was very annoyed at you for leaving New York after only three years
      but, with the new book at hand, I can't recall a single line of your
      poetry that rings of Manhattan.