Patriot Act II

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2003
      After praising the artist Sari Dienes in the Village Voice, Erika and
      I were invited to a party at Sari's house in the country. She shared
      some ten acres with other artists in a compound organized by David
      Tudor and John Cage. Here Cage had become an expert on mushrooms. We
      drove to Sari's in our Volkswagen bug, and in the driveway when we
      arrived there were three other bugs, four Rabbits and one long black
      limousine the motor running and an English chauffeur lying on the
      front seat. John Lennon was talking to Noguchi. Julian Lennon was
      there and Yoko and a baby in diapers--Sean Lennon. Richard Hayman
      after a bit said we all must go to the pool which turned out to be a
      basin in a mountain stream. John joined us. Julian watched. John and
      I had never skinnydipped in mixed company; Erika had. Later we stood
      in a circle and smoked a joint. John looked about suspiciously; he
      had finally obtained his green card. "I hope the F.B.I. aren't
      watching," he said.