Re: [Unmuzzled Ox] country rube

  • rutertoot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 31, 2005
      No Jewel Tea, which I just looked up on Google--I'd never heard of it!
      Yes, I was brought up as a Stegner; I imagine we may be distant relations to
      Wallace Stegner but never determined such.
    • Kirby Olson
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2005
        If a person were to masturbate a cat with a Q-tip, Warren, could they be
        charged with animal cruelty? A friend of mine did this, and I was trying to
        think about whether or not animals had the right to go unmolested by pervs
        like my friend.

        Are there cases like these where such a cat perv (actually he didn't get any
        pleasure out of it, he says, he was just trying to help his cat feel less
        neurotic) could do real time in prison?

        I know this lies a little far afield from your specialization in law, but
        perhaps you came across cases like these in law school.
      • souvienstoidemoublier
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2, 2005
          It would vary from state to state.

          Many animal cruelty or neglect statutes speak in terms of deprivation
          or being unnecessarily cruel. So you can kill a roach, you maybe
          shouldn't torment it.

          Then there are bestiality laws or common law provisions about
          abominable and detestable crimes against nature. The latter were
          originally viewed as applying to buggery, but many states have
          judicially expanded from per anus to per os. I don't know if per Q-tip
          would be included.

          Years ago, a friend and I jokingly talked of writing a treatise on dog
          law, addressing things like animals running at large charges, etc.

          Interestingly, in many jurisdiction, you can be treated like an owner
          for some purposes if you "harbor" an animal, which MIGHT include
          having dog food in a dish in your carport.

          --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, "Kirby Olson" <kirbyolson2@h...>

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2, 2005
            I have a cat who acts as if she'd like a q-tip. She gets on top of a step
            ladder I keep handy for her, sticks her ass out, and whips her tail.
          • Kirby Olson
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 2, 2005
              It seems we have a second lawyer in our midst. Hmmm.

              This conversation reminds me of one of those French bordellos in which it
              was a requirement that both guests and hosts wear a mask.

              -- Kirby

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 4, 2005
                Pursuant to new provisions of the Patriot Act, online groups are
                required to have two lawyer advisors.

                Now, I need to know, do you now or have you ever eaten falafel balls
                or pita bread?

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 4, 2005
                  I solenly swear that I am not now nor have I have been a member of PETA.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 4, 2005
                    When I get up too early, I try to slow things down with ritual. I
                    read the Lives of the Saints every such day, and every such day I click
                    on the main page of Wikipedia to see the entry of the day. Today the
                    article is "cat". Wikipedia offers no link with "masturbation". Is
                    the practise evil and insane or merely unlikely? For a lovely painting
                    of Leda and the swan, see:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beastiality

                    wrote:
                    > I solenly swear that I am not now nor have I have been a member of
                    PETA.

                    > >>or pita bread?

                  • Kirby Olson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 11, 2005
                      My friend who apparently did this saw it in the rubric of "being helpful to
                      the cat."

                      He had been reading a lot of Foucault.