The last Beat On the Road

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2008
      I travel constantly. I have to drive back and forth between
      Philadelphia, New York, Montreal, Kingston and Toronto. I finally slid
      Matt Dillon's reading of On the Road into the car CD player. I was
      struck by the fact that Gregory Corso as I knew him in the middle and
      at the end of his life would have fit nicely into that book. Allen
      Ginsberg, on the other hand, had become a cross between a hammy public
      poet and too-shrewd p.r. dude. As Gregory wrote in "Canto CXXIX Ezra
      Pound":

      The people I used to like
      I don't like nYMORe
      They've chaNGED