Flames in Paradise

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
      Len Fulton lives in Paradise. Unfortunately a California wildfire is
      moving in on Paradise. Len publishes Dustbooks, and Dustbooks
      publishes directories of little magazines and small independent
      presses. If you're a serious writer, you know these books. Len also
      publishes a magazine called SPR, The Small Press Review. I write a
      column for SPR called New York Letter. Half of Paradise has now been
      evacuated. I hope it rains in Paradise.
    • wwoessnerslw
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
        --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, mandreox <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Len Fulton lives in Paradise. Unfortunately a California wildfire is
        > moving in on Paradise. Len publishes Dustbooks, and Dustbooks
        > publishes directories of little magazines and small independent
        > presses. If you're a serious writer, you know these books. Len also
        > publishes a magazine called SPR, The Small Press Review. I write a
        > column for SPR called New York Letter. Half of Paradise has now been
        > evacuated. I hope it rains in Paradise.

        ii Michael: I keep rejoining Yahoo groups so I can email you! Scary
        stuff--I hope Len is OK. I liked your memories of Malanga message. I
        only met him once, when I was on the Poetry Board of St Clements
        Church in Hells Kitchen. We decided to build up the audience for our
        poetry readings by inviting some "stars" to read, but the only one
        anyone knew, besides Ted B, was Gerard. He came and gave a good
        reading, as I recall. Laura Boss was a member of the group, and a
        girlfriend for a while. She edited LIPS, but I think that mag is gone
        now.
        Clear All the Rest of the Way, my New and Selected, is getting some
        attention, but not a lot. Len listed it as a recommended pick in SPR
        though, which was nice, so now we are full circle and I wish him and
        his good luck!
        Warren Woessner

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2008
          The 30 square mile monster fire was stopped about a half-mile from Len
          and Dustbooks.

          --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, "wwoessnerslw" <wwoessnerslw@...>