Re: Gregory Corso

    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2001
      To clarify: Gregory did not phone Ginsberg to
      tell him he was going to heaven for his poetry; he
      phoned him because we were negotiating rights to his
      novel The American Express. In the course of the phone
      call Gregory mentioned my prediction. Gregory was a
      charmer; and he was also a junkie and a thief. But, in
      saying he would go to heaven for his poetry, was I not
      justifying his life by his works? I'm beginning to suspect
      that one gets into heaven, if it exists, on faith
      alone.
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 14, 2002
        Or maybe that's just Poe.