Indians eliminate Yankees

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
      Back in 1999 just before the Millennium, God and Allah were in a bar
      up in heaven. God has always been a Yankee fan. Allah favors the Mets.
      "Jeez, God," said Allah, "for like a thousand years the Yankees always
      win. Why don't you make it interesting? how about giving my boys a
      chance?"

      All right, said God, games should be fair. The Mets can win
      henceforward sometimes, and the Yankees accordingly will lose. And
      such is the All-new Divine Plan.

      But Lo! The Yankees immediately in that Very Millennial Year, 2000,
      defied the Lord's Plan and humiliated the Mets to win the World
      Series. Allah sneered. Some God! Saith Allah, Come October You can't
      even control nine guys on a ball field.

      Maybe they're more afraid of Steinbrenner than Me, saith the Lord. You
      Allah may smite New York Itself and henceforward I assure You until
      the Mets win and win again, the Yankees will come close and then
      closer but, like the Cubs, with whom I am also wroth, never again triumph.

      Allah cackled. He prepared his mighty airliners.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2007
        The Red Sox won the World Series in 1918 and 2004. In 1918, the
        Stanley Cup Finals were canceled because of the world-wide influenza
        epidemic. Hockey players and fans alike were dropping like flies. In
        2004 the Stanley Cup Finals were canceled because of a labor dispute.
        Those are the only recent years without a Stanley Cup and the only
        recent years the Red Sox won the World Series. "No puck: Red Sox good
        luck." However, this year the Stanley Cup Finals went off without a
        hitch. Everything connects. Ergo, the Red Sox cannot win. Rockies in
        five.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
          Oops.