Bukowski's bibiographer from Barcelona

    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2007
      Abel Debritto a.k.a. Cirereta is a Spanish scholar half-way through a
      Bukowski bibliography. He told me, for instance, of combative reviews
      of Bukowski by Creeley and vice versa published in 1963. That's before
      my time. I never met Bukowski, but I did publish him and correspond
      with him for many years. As an evil shit-disturber I told him once how
      Creeley disliked him. A lot of the St Mark's poets habitually put
      Bukowski down. It annoyed me. Charles Bukowski was a wonderful writer
      and an amiable correspondent. About two years after my indiscreet
      letter to Bukowski I saw a new poem in some little magazine which
      seemed to take up some of the language of my letter. Abel doesn't
      know that poem. Anybody out there recall such a work? Indeed Abel
      tells me he needs all small press Bukowski citations.

      --- In unmuzzledox@yahoogroups.com, cirereta <cirereta@...> wrote:

      > All You Need is Love!
      >

      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/cirerita/humpingguns1.jpg

    • MISTAHCOUGHDROP
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2007
        I discovered Bukowski at Brown largely because I loved the Black Sparrow Press books. And
        thought, cheezus, these are beautiful. So I bought WOMEN and was instantly hooked. Read
        pretty much everything "Chinaski" wrote, saw the movies except for the last one and even
        considered buying some Buk letters a bookseller on Long Island (Sea Cliff) had in his shop. A
        friend of mine drank enormous amounts of Scotch during one week (he really doesn't drink
        now at all) during a down time for him and kept raising his glass (drunk of course), toasting
        to an empty room (except for me), "To all my friends." He slept in my bathroom one of those
        nights, his head resting on his red Converse sneakers.

        MR

        http://homepage.mac.com/mistahcoughdrop/
      • cirereta
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2007
          ok, here's the Bukowski review where Buk puts Creeley down. The image is
          pretty crappy, but you'll be able to read the text if you zoom in on it.

          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/cirerita/creeley-1964.jpg

          and, yes, any Bukowski citation at all will find a happy, warm, cozy
          home here in Spain.

          abel
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2007
            The Bukowski poem which seemed to cite a letter from me appeared in
            some little magazine in the middle to late seventies. Its gist: "So
            Robert Creeley dislikes my poetry, huh? May a giant fly bite him on
            the ass." I read it, felt instantly guilty, and tossed it in the trash.