Gregory Corso

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 27, 2001
      To experience God is to have a mental breakdown.
      In the winter of 1980, between a panel in Buffalo
      and a poetry reading in Toronto, I went to Niagara
      Falls, and stayed alone for a week in a fancy room with
      a balcony right over the Falls -- at off-season
      rates. It was freakishly warm. It was
      Godish.<br><br>Shortly afterwards I did a special Gregory Corso issue of
      Unmuzzled OX. On the copyright page, I wrote: "Our goal is
      the destruction of the State & the imposition of a
      Roman Catholic Thearchy." It was wacky and punk
      anarchist and I thought it was funny. <br><br>Gregory Corso
      has just died. About the time of this religious
      experience, I told Gregory he'd go to heaven for his poetry.
      He promptly phoned Allen Ginsberg with the news.
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 14, 2002
        Or maybe that's just Poe.